PDA

View Full Version : Out of memery exception error

etay0330
09-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Hi, I'm trying to export some hands to my hard drive and I ran into this error message:

An error occurred: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

I selected last 100k hands in the filter and went to 'Hands' section. I can view the hands just fine but when I right click and choose 'Export all hands to hard drive' i get the error message.

netsrak
09-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Due to limitations of your system it is not possible to export such a large amount of hands in a run.
You need to export smaller portions or export everything in the database management.

Spec
03-15-2010, 05:47 AM
I get exactly the same error. I have a datamined database and was trying to export the hands of some players into a new database, in order I could study them, making filters quicker.

Each month has about 75K hands. They are displayed in Hands tab but when I try to export I get the same above mesage.

My PC is a relativey new one with INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q8300 (2.5GHZ) SKT 775 and 4 Gb RAM (Windows XP Pro and version HM 1.10.03b)

Two questions:
1. What is the maximum number of hands that you think I can handle with this configuration ?

2. Would more RAM increase the number of hands I could export ?

It's a bit annoying having to be spliting the selection in such small number of hands (I don't get this error mesage if I select only 50K which sounds really low number).

Thanks
Ricardo

netsrak
03-15-2010, 06:18 AM
We are working on a better export system for future releases but at the moment i can't give you exact figures for your questions. You can try with more RAM but i'm not sure whether it helps.