PDA

View Full Version : Lost all my configs after uninstall/reinstall

jooobs
01-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Hello .
I had first a problem importing hands from stars.fr .
Here is my post :
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/poker-site-support/175891-hem-not-importing-stars.html#post870351

Now i've uninstalled and reinstalled HM , last update but i have a lot of problems ...
Hands are now imported from stars.fr , my database seems perfect , but :

- when i start the auto import , i have the following message : " Couldn't find cards0.png . You need to place a cards0.png in Hold'em manager folder " .
- I can replay a hand i played , nothing happens , the replayer never opens .
- I've lost all my Hud configs ( player & all preferences )

And there's also probably many problems i haven't seen yet .

Hope i'll get help :(

Patvs
01-14-2012, 10:50 PM
If you reinstalled with the full installer, you've lost your HUD configurations and settings.
(you'll have to re-setup/re-create everything)

Replayer issue:
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

---

cards0.png issue:
Copy cards0.png from the HoldemManager main folder to the HoldemManager/Images folder

jooobs
01-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Hey . Thx for ur answer !

cards0 error message is fixed .

Replayer isn't . In fact , i just can't run the replayer ( when i try , nothing happens ) .
I already have last update .

I've done those :
"For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab."

I only have one firewall , free version of avast . I have it since i installed my computer ... Same for user account control ... It shouldn't be this , should it be ?

Patvs
01-19-2012, 12:00 AM
* The replayer is not working with the Comodo firewall. You need to uninstall it.
If thats not the reason please try the following:.
1. close HM
2. create a backup copy of the file config\holdemmanager.config
3. open the original file in a texteditor like notepad
4. delete the 2 lines with the following settings:
setting name="ReplayerSettings" ...
and
setting name="ReplayerSkinToUse....
5. save and exit
6. restart HM. The lines in the config file will be recreated.
7. check the subfolder replayer skin\default skin of your holdemmanager installation path (default c:\program files(X86)\rvg software\holdemmanager. Does this folder exist and contain files? If not please come back, we need to send you the files.
8. Test the replayer again. If it still doesn't work you need to reinstall HM with a fresh configuration.

9. Options-->Replayer layout. Choose the Cardrunners skin. Click Done.

-

If that doesn't resolve it, reinstall again with the full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe (try installing it to a DIFFERENT folder)
(don't reinstall PostgreSQL, then run HoldemManager from the new location)

jooobs
01-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Dont have Comodo .

1.2.3.4.5. Done .
6. The lines habe been recreated but replayer skintouse has been changed to Cardrunners .
7. This folder doesn't exist . The only folder that exist is CardRunners folder .
8. Basically dont run with default skin .
9. Done . It seems to be working great . Is this as good as default skin ?

So do I really need the default skin ?

Thx for all anyway .

netsrak
01-19-2012, 09:24 AM
I attached the default skin data to this post. You need to extract them to the replayerskin folder.