PDA

View Full Version : TableninjaPP Lagging a bit - pc performance issues?

asusual33
01-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Hi all,

When I start a poker session :) I usually play 16 tables of SNGs continuously.

Only these programs are then in use: WMP for music, HEM auto-import + HUD feature, tableninjaPP, sharkscope "internet window", and Party Poker software.

I basically only use the "Fold" action and the "ALL IN!" hotkeys.

So when I'm playing 16 tables and using those shortcut keys. It often starts to lag for about 1-3 seconds (-->just "guesstimating" LOL) depending on how much "action" I recently have from the different tables. This starts usually when I'm playing on more than 12+tables.

In other words, it doesn't go smoothly and quickly as it should be imo which "force" me to just use the standard mouse :).

I also have Tableninja Stars and this only starts to happen (lagging) there after playing 22-24tables+ simultaneously. <24-22 tables and it's working pretty quickly, no lagging at all. weird huh?!

To make sure, I'm referring to the duration between clicking my shortcut key and the "action" itself on the targeted tables.

Anyway, maybe I should update one or some of my pc components. Though I'm not a pc expert so it would be nice to have some advice.

My pc is about 1 year old.

*AMD ATHLON X4 635 2.90 GHZ
*ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 AM3/DDR3/VGA/8CH/GLAN
*KINGSTON 2GB DDR3 PC10600/1333MHz
*PALIT GEFORCE GT240 LGB DDR3 128BIT
*SEAGATE 500GB 7200 SATA HDD
& two 22" monitors.

One of my friends says that I should have a better GHZ sth like 4.00 or so instead of my current AMD 2.90 GHZ. He also said that the other components are more than fine. Is he right?; do u agree?

Any useful feedback is highly appreciated

Greetz

Fool
01-14-2012, 02:46 PM
First make sure your using an Aero based Windows desktop theme. Then go to the start menu search and type "performance information and tools", without the quotes, and hit enter. In the new window that pops up click the adjust visual effects link. Choose custom and make sure everything is disabled except the following:

enable desktop composition
enable transparent glass
show thumbnails instead of icons
smooth edges of screen fonts
use visual styles on windows and buttons

Also make sure to disable UAC according to the following instructions:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/30/Turning+Off+UAC+(Windows+7)

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/29/Turning+Off+UAC+(Vista)

If this doesn't seem to help please send a copy of the following files to support@alxsoftware.com and I'll check them over for errors:

1) Your TNPPLog and TNPPConfigAutoLoad files. You will find them in C:\Program Files\TableNinjaPP

2) A screen shot of your desktop with a table and your HUD displayed. See instructions at How to make screenhot? Taking screenshots is fast and free. No software to download (http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm). Please send the screen shot even if you don't have a HUD or custom table theme.

asusual33
01-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Yeah I'm using original Windows 7.

I was able to change the custom settings except "enable transparent glass" which I couldn't find anywhere?

Yes, I have disabled UAC following the HEM guide when I bought my PC about a year ago because I had some issues at that time with HEM and Kaspersky.

I had disabled UAC and then installed HEM before I installed Kaspersky and that did the trick :)

Thx for your help. I'll play some sessions and see how it goes.. will let u know :)