PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager not working!

xlr8jcn13
09-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Hello,

I have Windows Vista. I bought a new computer and installed HM as described on the website. Because HM would not open, I followed further instruction from this forum which involved uninstalling anti virus and antispyware softwares along with postgresSQL and then reistalling everything. It finally opened, but I could not add my name to HM. SO I downloaded the latest version and everything worked fine. This morning when I try to use it again it doesn't work. It says "Holdem Manager is already running" but it isn't showing on screen. When I decided to open pokerstars first and then open HM, it says "An error occured on startup: The type initializer for 'HoldemManager.N' threw an exception"

I have never seen so much difficulty in installing any program before. Please help! Thanks in advance for any help.

fozzy71
09-13-2009, 12:45 AM
If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

*Please make sure your Windows Auto Update is fully updated.
*Make sure you have Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

If that doesnt help Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

xlr8jcn13
09-13-2009, 02:39 AM
If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

*Please make sure your Windows Auto Update is fully updated.
*Make sure you have Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

If that doesnt help Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

UAC is off.I have a outpost firewall but it worked with it on yesterday. I'll check that out. So would I need to redo the whole process of uninstalling the antisoftware, SQL, and firewall?

If I were to update windows in the future would that mess things up?

what is Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1?

Thanks.

netsrak
09-13-2009, 07:01 AM
When Postgresql is running there is no need for reinstalling it.

Reboot your computer and if HM is still not running try to install the latest beta again.

Please come back if you still have problems.

xlr8jcn13
09-14-2009, 12:54 AM
When Postgresql is running there is no need for reinstalling it.

Reboot your computer and if HM is still not running try to install the latest beta again.

Please come back if you still have problems.

How do I know if postgreSQL is running? I even try to system restore back to the time before the installation of antivirus softwares and redid the whole thing and it ended up working. After installing the antivirus softwares it was still working. ABut an hour later when I try again I get the same message in the first post. I tried to install the latest beta again and it still doesn't work. I get the same thing.

netsrak
09-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Postgresql is a windows service which you see in the administration -> services (or sth. like that).

You should also try to connect to this service via pgadmin.

But if you always have problems with the latest Beta possible your downloaded file is corrupt. Please clear your browser cache or use a different browser and download and install the update again.

xlr8jcn13
09-14-2009, 06:09 AM
thanks for all the help...after more researching, it turns out the spyware doctor is affecting it. I tried adding HM and PostgreSQL to the exception list but it still didn't work so I diabled the spyware and now it works fine.

netsrak
09-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Such incompatibility reports are always very helpful for us.