PDA

View Full Version : Activation Problems... Most likely because I am in China?

reft
09-11-2009, 10:06 PM
For some reason when I booted up HEM today, it told me to activate online (even though I had already done so more than 2 weeks ago and have been using HEM for quite some time between then and now).

So I go to activate online, and it just keeps giving me the error:

Could Not Activate License at Server, The request failed with HTTP Status 417: Expectation Failed

Currently I am residing in Beijing China, and as you may or may not know there are a ton of websites and servers blocked because of the Great Firewall. I am thinking I am not able to register because of this. Perhaps my internet connection cannot access the HEM server.

I went to holdemmanger.com/registration and reset both the codes to both of the computers where my HEM code is registered with (one at home in the States and my Laptop here).

So I'm sort of lost. I don't know what to do and it's really quite frustrating.

Does anyone have any idea why it would just prompt me to activate online suddenly? Even though I did so before? I downloaded the newest version just now and nothing is different.

Sending an email to HEM support as well.

netsrak
09-12-2009, 04:44 AM
This is something you need to clarify with sales/support. As i see you already send a mail.

reft
09-12-2009, 05:22 AM
They simply replied with

"Hi, it looks like you have a proxy running. Either turn off the proxy or check Internet Explorer – Internet Options and make sure you don’t have a proxy setup there. Error 417 in the file is definitely a proxy issue though"

I think I failed to mention in the Email that I am in China, so I am definitely going to send them a reply back with that information.