PDA

View Full Version : Hud - Pixelated text w/ transparent background?

cokedrinker
09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Hello,

For a long time now I've been using my hud w/ the transparent background - the text has been pixelated (but readable), and i thought this was due to the small font i was using (verdana 8 ). However, I've just moved to FullTilt and have been messing around with the hud settings... i just noticed that when i set the hud background to a solid colour, the text becomes crystal clear!!! Unfortunately, even with the hud background set to black, i can still notice the area around the text against by black poker background - as its a slightly different shade.

Im a neat freak and I was wondering is there anyway I can have the best of noth worlds - perfect text, against a non noticeable hud background!?!?!?

Any help appreciated, Cheers.

fozzy71
09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Assuming you are using a dark, hud friendly background:

hud options > player preferences > choose config (if you have more than 1 default config) > Appearance > Turn Off [ ] Drop Shadow (transparent)

If that doesn't help, pleas post screen shots.

cokedrinker
09-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks Fozzy. What you have suggested has made an improvement, but the font is still not as crystal clear like with the solid hud background. Im REALLY nitpicking here, but if i can get it perfect ill be delighted!

This ss shows the slight difference - top image is with tansparent hud bg (and dropshadow off), bottom is with a solid black hud bg (on top of my black background!)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/trak81/001X.jpg

The bottom font is crystal clear, but for some reason the black hud background is clearly identifiable from most viewing angles, even though my poker background is black also.

fozzy71
09-12-2009, 01:11 PM
update your video card drivers and see if it improves.

I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Mike chops
09-12-2009, 01:19 PM
It's a problem with the microsoft libraries I am using. It's not likely to get fixed any time soon. Sorry.