PDA

View Full Version : Leak Buster...Who the hell is this really for?

Lunatic973
09-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I've had leak buster for about a week now, and I just want to give some review of it for those not sure whether it's worth the money. Instead of just saying "yea it's worth the money everyone should buy it" or the opposite. I'll tell you guys what I've got out of it so far and you can decide for yourself. Again I've only had it about a week so I'm sure I'm just at the tip of the iceberg.

I want to start by saying that this software will not make you a better poker player. That's plain and simple, cut and dry, and I don't think anyone could argue that point. But in that case, neither will holdem manager, and neither will "Harrington on Holdem", or "Super System". Sure HEM will give you the stats for everyone at the table, but unless you know how to use those to your advantage, they're really worthless.

This is software that you're going to have to do your homework with. As is HEM, the more work you put in, the more you get out. Same here.

After running the leak buster and seeing the 7 leaks that I had, I went through the filters. After watching the video and listening to where the ideal % were for each stat, I went through mine. Where mine were consistently in line with the suggested stats, those filters were showing a profit. Where my stats weren't in line with the suggested %, there was a loss. The further my % was from the optimal % the more the losses were, and the opposite. For some filters he'll give you 3 or 4 stats % and again, when all 3 or 4 were where he was suggesting they should be, those filters where showing a lot of profit.

All the reports are already done for you, so you can just click on the report and it shows up, without having to know exactly what stats are the most important, or what group of stats you need in order to produce the report. For someone who has spent years working with HEM, you probably won't get as much out of it as someone who's only had HEM for a year. You can go through here and read every single post on how to configure HEM, and read every post for how to create reports that will show you useful information, or you can purchase this, and have 40+ of them at your disposal. It even shows a very short video on each report to tell you about each report.

All in all I'd give Leak Buster a 9/10, with one downside being that length of the videos under each filter are a little short. I think a 5:00 or so video on each report, showing more example hands, and discussing the report a little more in detail would be the only suggestion I have for this so far.

Leak Buster Support
09-12-2009, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the feedback and review, and we're glad you're enjoying the product. We're committed to continued development of Leak Buster. We've already added several new features that will be in this next beta, including:

- Added scoring algorithms, for even more precise scoring.
- Graphing features, so you can visually see your progress as it relates to your score and winrate.
- Ability to delete past scores in leak history.

These will be rolled into the next beta of HEM, which should be released this Sunday.

LostCause
09-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Are there any plans for an Omaha version?

I don't play very much holdem and would be interested in trying an Omaha version.

sorrygg
09-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Are there any plans for an Omaha version?

I don't play very much holdem and would be interested in trying an Omaha version.

same for me, any use for PLO?

Leak Buster Support
09-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Yes, we are working on limit and Omaha now. We initially thought Omaha might be next, but it may be limit. They are being worked on at the same time, so it's just a matter of how the developer moves them along.