PDA

View Full Version : Caddy Scatter for HU PLO

Stasek
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
PF bet size shows 0.86 for PSB and 0.71 for minraise.
This is for about 30 hands I have in the test DB.

I think this is because pot size raise in HU is to 3bb vs 3.5bb for 6max ?
You probably should check if PF bet/raise sizing is correct for ante games too.

Could you also add few horizontal and vertical dashed lines on the caddy scatter graph, so it is easier to see bet size/ strength without hoovering the mouse button over each point?

I can judge roughly without hoovering over each point, but still having lines at 25/50/75 would be nice.

Another idea - it would be nice to be able to select specific point and somehow get the hand that he point was referring to, but i suspect that would be annoying to implement?

sreticentv
01-13-2012, 08:35 AM
PF bet size shows 0.86 for PSB and 0.71 for minraise.
This is for about 30 hands I have in the test DB.

Are your PSB and minraise on the flop? I am not clear based on just this. If you put 1-2 hand histories I would take a closer look.

I think this is because pot size raise in HU is to 3bb vs 3.5bb for 6max ?
You probably should check if PF bet/raise sizing is correct for ante games too.

antes are kind of hit and miss in NC right now but they do work for the big sites. If you play on a small network feel free to post a hand and I will verify that my parser picks it up.

Could you also add few horizontal and vertical dashed lines on the caddy scatter graph, so it is easier to see bet size/ strength without hoovering the mouse button over each point?

I could get a half pot line in a future version but more lines would probably be too much.

Another idea - it would be nice to be able to select specific point and somehow get the hand that he point was referring to, but i suspect that would be annoying to implement?

It's not annoying to implement since I rather enjoy programming. The problem is with disk space. Storing a bunch of small x,y coordinates is one thing but once you start adding 7 or 8 digit numbers as a z coordinate it doubles the disk space used. The problem is that everything has to work well for people who datamine tens of millions of hands. I would love to make them clickable to replay + the hover over for the point to have the person's cards + board for super fast reference and maybe I will do it but I need to just be very cognizant of the disk+performance impacts of any data that's saved.

Stasek
01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I have test DB with like 30 or so hands from HU PLO on Stars
Here is one

PokerStars Game #73376955761: Omaha Pot Limit ($25/$50 USD) - 2012/01/06 12:34:24 WET [2012/01/06 7:34:24 ET]
Table 'Isildur's PLO 50 III' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Villain ($9407.10 in chips)
Seat 2: Hero ($16579 in chips)
Hero: posts small blind $25
Villain: posts big blind $50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [8d Td 8h 7c]
Hero: raises $100 to $150
Villain: calls $100
*** FLOP *** [3c Js 6s]
Villain: checks
Hero: checks
*** TURN *** [3c Js 6s] [5h]
Villain: bets $215
Hero: calls $215
*** RIVER *** [3c Js 6s 5h] [4s]
Villain: checks
Hero: bets $450
Villain: folds
Uncalled bet ($450) returned to Hero
Hero collected $729.50 from pot
Hero: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $730 | Rake $0.50
Board [3c Js 6s 5h 4s]
Seat 1: Villain (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 2: Hero (button) (small blind) collected ($729.50)

I 3x raise like 90-95% of the time and minraise remaining depending on situation.
Other players never have PF raise

I am referring to preflop, postflop bet sizing appears to be correct.
Full pot raises (3bb) are shown as 0.86bb
If you assume that PSR is 3.5bb (as it is in 6max), then
3/3.5 = 0.86
This is what probably is wrong.

It's not annoying to implement since I rather enjoy programming. The problem is with disk space. Storing a bunch of small x,y coordinates is one thing but once you start adding 7 or 8 digit numbers as a z coordinate it doubles the disk space used. The problem is that everything has to work well for people who datamine tens of millions of hands. I would love to make them clickable to replay + the hover over for the point to have the person's cards + board for super fast reference and maybe I will do it but I need to just be very cognizant of the disk+performance impacts of any data that's saved.

Well, people who datamine tens of millions of hands wouldn't mind extra 4 bytes (for hand ID) per hand.
Storing hand+board would need more, up to 9 bytes if you use 1 byte per card.
Altough smarter way is to use 8 bytes longint, where bits 0-51 represent cards 0-51 so you could store any number of cards from single deck that way.

Whether people have less or more than 1 million hands I think DB size would increase only by small %.
Several bytes per hand basically.

sreticentv
01-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I like the idea of the longint for this. I already do that in my other poker software so I'm definitely familiar with it. Thank you for the recommendations and details :)