PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager registration problems

ohly
01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
pretty angry about this, i will actually gather some information about updates and registration problems in HEM2 before deciding whether to change to PT or not as this is the millionth time i cannot get this thing to start after a simple software update ...

so yeah, it says that the license was activated successfully but on the next screen denies it by claiming "A valid license key could not be obtained for 'Holdem Manager'."

i have more than one key which might have led to the problem, but it doesn't even let me change the key anymore, how cool is that? also resetting the key online didn't be of any help.

Patvs
01-12-2012, 11:28 PM
The wrong license key is probably stuck in your license file.

First of all, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html)
http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg
Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

This is a hidden SYSTEM file. (not just a regular hidden file)

Also please try this: (it will enable you to enter a new serial again)

1. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug
2. Open HM and register
3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file

moneygrand
01-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Hello.
Had the same problem , followed instructions , but now i forgot my register name, i just have my serial number. What can i do?
Thanks .

Patvs
01-13-2012, 06:56 PM
It doesn't matter what you enter for name.
As long as the serial is valid.

moneygrand
01-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Ok , got that.
Then sems to be another problem.Let me tell you about this: i installed yesterday a trial for HM2 , tried that, uninstalled and i have this problem since then.When i try to open HM1 i get this message(even if i open with "run as administrator") ":
"In order to use Holdem Manager an administrator must grant permission to run software at least once. To grant permissions to aplication, select the Authorize button and ask an administrator to enter their login information" Then i push the button "ÄUTHORIZE" and i get the next screen in wich i have to chose options betwen moreinfo, buy now, register,try and cancel. I choose "REGISTER" , type serial number and a name and i get this ":
"The serial number is invalid or could not be used to unlock the software.Please try again or contact customer service for assistance."
My database is ok, i still can acces that and play, my hud works , but i am on trial version for 14 days more so please help me to register that .
Thanks.
P.S : I have to repeat that i already deleted thoose file you mentioned in that first post .

Patvs
01-13-2012, 09:14 PM
try this: (it also debugs the software)

1. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug
2. Open HM and register
3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

ohly
01-14-2012, 07:01 AM
your instructions worked, thanks alot.

moneygrand
01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Worked , starded allright.Thanks .

moneygrand
01-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Worked for me too. Thanks.