PDA

View Full Version : Backup does not work

lud_e
01-12-2012, 08:55 AM
When I try to backup it goes really quick but when I go to the destination folder there is no backup!

Patvs
01-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Which HM2 build are you using?

glcosta
01-13-2012, 11:44 PM
I have the same problem
If i backup clicking the "skip database" a file is created but if i try to do a "full" backup the process is extremely fast and no file is created

I have Holdem manager 2.0.0.6112
and PostgreSQL 8.4
I'm on Windows 7 64bits

glcosta
01-18-2012, 08:27 PM
anybody as any sugestions?

Patvs
01-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Try creating a new database, reimport some hands--> and try to backup the new database.
Will it then create a .hembk backup file?

glcosta
01-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I have now tryed to create a new database (Database manager--- Restore--- Create new database) and get the following error "Holdem manager cannot connect to the postgresql database. This can be caused by a firewall or windows update. Please see this faq for a solucion".

I have tryed turning off both firewall and antivirus and get the same result

After trying to create a new database and getting that error message holdem manager shuts down. When i start it again i get a configuratio dialog as if it was the first time that i started the program. I tell him to create a new database (that he does without a problem) but if i try to backup the database, holdem manager still doesnt create the backup file.

I have also tryed this: (from the FAQ)

Logon using Local System Account:

1. Go to Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools (Need to be using classic view in Windows Vista) /Services. The Services dialog will pop up.

2. Scroll to PostgreSQL Database Server. If it isn't started (as indicated in the status column) right click on it and choose Start. If it starts and then stops or was already started, follow the steps below:

3. Right click on PostgreSQL Database Sever and choose Properties. You should see the following dialog.

4. Click on the Log On tab. Copy the username in the This Account field and paste it into Notepad in case you need to use it again. Make sure you know your password as well.

5. Select Local System Account and then click Apply then OK.

6. Restart your PC and see if you still get the error.

7. If it does not fix it, please switch to logon as This Account and enter your username and password again and reboot and continue with the rest of the FAQ

Patvs
01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

glcosta
01-21-2012, 04:33 PM
This is getting ridiculous... :(

I have now formated my pc and have a fresh windows 7 Ultimate and still cant backup the database

I have Windows 7 64b Ultimate
Right now i have installed:

Adobe flash player 11
avast
google chrome
holdem manager 2
microsoft .NET Framework 4 client profile
microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148
Nvidia Graphics driver 285.62
Nvidia HD Audio Driver 1.2.24.0
Nvidia Physx System Software 9.11.0621
Nvidia Update 1.5.20
PKR
Pokerstars
PostgreSQL 8.4

I have:
Disabled UAC
Turned on "Run as Administrator" to all EXEs on holdem manager folder
Added all EXEs on holdem manager folder to Windows firewall so that they are allowed.

I dont have any more ideias and honestly dont know what else to do. I was planning on buying HM when the trial ended but i must be able to backup a database to do that.

By the way, i am supposed to be able to backup the database on a trial version of the program?

P.S. I only have one windows user account, its a Administrator one, without password, can this have anything to do with this hole mess?

Any more ideias Patvs? Thank you

hundenapf@gmail.com
01-21-2012, 06:24 PM
I have also noticed that during recent updates. The restore actually works and I was able to find the restored DB in the PGadmin but HM2 used the empty default one instead for some strange reason... I was able to change them with PGadmin somehow but don't remember how I did it. I can confirm however that something fishy is going on with backup/restore in the recent release.

glcosta
01-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I will research about pgadmin to see if i can backup the database trough that. Thanks

Patvs
01-22-2012, 12:08 AM
You can backup in pgadminIII: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

But for HM2 you also need to additionally backup the C:/Users/%use name%/Appdata/Roaming/HoldemManager/Database folder.

(and always backup the original handhistories in the archive folder)