PDA

View Full Version : problems importing hands

Guyra
09-09-2009, 11:44 PM
tried to import a bunch of FTP hand history files today that I had on another computer from a flash drive. it didnt work so i did the following:

upgraded to 1.09 beta 30b. still didnt work
tried to import manually, automatically and from files and folders. no luck

created a new 2nd database. it worked.

tried to export new 2nd database files and re-import them into default db. didnt work or said hands were duplicated.

said hands are not showing up in main database under reports or sessions tab.

not really sure what else to try? any ideas?

I'm running vista(UAC is off) and havent had this problem before trasferring files from 2nd computer.

thanks

Jerry

fozzy71
09-10-2009, 02:09 AM
tried to import a bunch of FTP hand history files today that I had on another computer from a flash drive. it didnt work so i did the following:

upgraded to 1.09 beta 30b. still didnt work
tried to import manually, automatically and from files and folders. no luck

created a new 2nd database. it worked.

tried to export new 2nd database files and re-import them into default db. didnt work or said hands were duplicated.

If Hm has already imported them before (as errors) you need to trick HM into not assuming they are duplicates.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

Guyra
09-10-2009, 07:50 AM
I followed your directions exactly and it imported the 1535 hands but it said all 1535 hands were duplicates. no errors were given. There were 10 files in all.

Still nothing shows up in main db under reports or session tabs. all filters are off.

netsrak
09-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Seems your database is corrupt. You could try pgadmin -> maintenance -> reindex

but if it doesn't help you should continue with your new database and import all hands again.