PDA

View Full Version : unable to open hem

hards808
09-09-2009, 05:24 PM
ever since my laptop crashed while hem and ftp were running i haven't been able to open hem. when i try to open it i'm faced with a screen that states that holdem manager has found some poker sites and has added the hh folders to the auto import. clicking ok on this screen sends me to the database control panel used to connect to postgresql. clicking on connect on this screen brings up a window claiming my username and password are incorrect and asks whether i would like the database to accept these as the new username and password. doing so only loops back to the database control panel with the same results. any help on fixing this problem will be appreciated.

fozzy71
09-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Try to remove the password requirement entirely.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Configuration Files > Edit pg_hba.conf

The file should open with Notepad

Scroll to the bottom where you will see this code

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

You need to change the first 'md5' to 'trust', like this

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

Save, and close the file.

Click: Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload configuration

If that doesn't work, you will probably need to do a reinstall of postgresql and pay close attention to the instructions and make sure you write down any user names and passwords to be sure.

Vista: Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Turn off Windows Firewall for installing HM and PostgreSQL. Once you get those installed you can add exceptions to the firewall. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) ..................................
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) install PostgreSQL again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall, using these directions and the same psotgresql version as you uninstalled. If you uninstalled 8.3, install 8.3, etc. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

hards808
09-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the advise Fozzy, i did have to reinstall postgre and now it allows me to fully open hem. However, i am now having other problems as my hud seems to have been affected. The hud loads up correctly and will track hands for the first 5-10 hands but it then freezes leaving stats for only the first couple of hands. This isnt a problem with the importer as my database still loads up but it dose make using the hud pretty redundant.

netsrak
09-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Please make sure you have the 1.09 beta 30b patch from the link in my signature.

If that doesn't help, or you need help for any reason, please let us know.