PDA

View Full Version : moving database from HD to HD same computer?

newfie
01-10-2012, 06:11 PM
hi i had a computer built with 2 harddrives. i originaly installed HEM on my solid state drive(100gb) with windows. and have been saving all my other stuff on my second drive a much larger one. Not really thinking about how much space HEm and postgress takeup. So now my first drive is full and want to transfer it to the second drive. can i do this without losing my hands? Do i have to reinstall it using my second drive? what i want is to keep running HEM from solid state drive and save my hands/database to the second drive. hopefuuly this is just a copy paste fix

Patvs
01-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/MoveDatabaseToAnotherHardDriveOrPartition

newfie
01-11-2012, 11:59 AM
i tried this and now getting the cannot connect error message. any chance we can teamvier this?

denetomtom
01-11-2012, 12:55 PM
i tried this and now getting the cannot connect error message. any chance we can teamvier this?

Did you remember to restart the PostgreSQL service, I had same problem when I moved my db.

newfie
01-11-2012, 01:26 PM
ok so i did get it working with the new database(I think)

The problem im having now and its the same one from last night which made me think i had to move my database. Is im still importing hands but now nothing comes up on my recent database tab when i refresh. the hands are saving somewhere because i see the hand count go up on a vilian while palying so HUD stats are updating.

I thought this was happening because my HD was full but now i have 80gb free and still having the same problem

Also i tried to unistall Postgres 8.4 and reinstall it but for some reason it wont uninstall

so as of now i can still play but nothing in my tabs(graph, reports, hands,.....) are updating

newfie
01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
so i have also noticed
-My date on my computer was wrong change that still not working.
-On the import screen it shows the hands being imported but then says theres duplicates

Patvs
01-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Reinstall PostgreSQL to the new location with the 8.4.x installer from PostgreSQL: Welcome (http://www.postgresql.org)
During the installation select the new location of the /data folder

If you can't select a new installation (because it automatically detects the old folder) try uninstalling PostgreSQL 8.4.x or manually delete the registry keys that link to the old location.

Or install a different version of PostgreSQL to the other drive. Reimport your hands into a new database.