PDA

View Full Version : Few Basic Questions (NEWB) SNG Graph, Purge Hands, Table Scanner, $EV Dif

Delliks
09-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi all,

I'm using HM for SNGS just small stakes version, I have 600 sngs in my data base and around 30,000k in hands, please see the questions below, I've numbered them as you many not be able to answer them all, if you can answer 1 though that would be great.

Questions:

1) In the Tourney Section if you goto Graph you can view how well you're doing, there is an option called "Show Luck Adjustment Winnings". Mines really low in the minus "-" side of the graph, what does this mean? Have I been playing bad and getting lucky?

2) In the Options section of HM there is an option to "Purge Hands". If tried to do this but get the message. "In Order to Reclaim space you will need to do a Database Vaccum either through the Options menu or in PG Admin"... I had to do mine manually, not sure why, maybe as I'm using windows vista, however even after doing a manual vaccum I'm still unable to purge hands, is there a way round this? I basically want to delete all hands before August in my data base and HM.

3) Table Scanner, in table scanner I use it to scan full tilt, however if I try to join a table it comes up with a long error message basically saying "error registering assemblies this is an admistrative task permission denied", any ideas on how to fix this?

4) In Tourneys then Hands, you can view all hands and reply them etc, great feature, I noticed there is a part that says $EV Dif, what does this mean and how is this calculated. I'm guessing when it says -$EV Dif I've played the hand wrong? But I'm not 100% sure what it means as some of the hands I seem to be ahead. Example in the hand below it says I'm -$11.32 in $EV

Full Tilt Poker Game #14583571633: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (107183466), Table 1 - 200/400 - No Limit Hold'em - 12:29:07 ET - 2009/09/09
Seat 2: chiliflo (2,475)
Seat 5: ***ME*** (5,405)
Seat 7: Takanodan (1,960)
Seat 8: lungemos (3,660)
Takanodan posts the small blind of 200
lungemos posts the big blind of 400
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ***ME*** [5h 5s]
chiliflo folds
***ME*** has 15 seconds left to act
***ME*** raises to 1,200
Takanodan folds
lungemos raises to 3,660, and is all in
***ME*** calls 2,460
lungemos shows [Ac Th]
***ME*** shows [5h 5s]
*** FLOP *** [3d Jd 7c]
*** TURN *** [3d Jd 7c] [Qc]
*** RIVER *** [3d Jd 7c Qc] [4h]
lungemos shows Ace Queen high
***ME*** shows a pair of Fives
***ME*** wins the pot (7,520) with a pair of Fives
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7,520 | Rake 0
Board: [3d Jd 7c Qc 4h]
Seat 2: chiliflo didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: ***ME*** (button) showed [5h 5s] and won (7,520) with a pair of Fives
Seat 7: Takanodan (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: lungemos (big blind) showed [Ac Th] and lost with Ace Queen high

netsrak
09-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Ok, i try to answer as far as i can:

1. Its an EV graph: in general see this: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=68. About this there are lots of discussions. If you search through the Forum you will find many threads with informations about this.

2. Vacuum is a process after the purge. The purge of tourney hands is not working at the moment. I hope it will be fixed soon. Please watch the Betas coming out.

3. Please make sure you are using the latest Beta 30b and if that doesn't help please ask in the table scanner forum where the developer will help you: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

4. see 1.)

Patvs
09-09-2009, 03:49 PM
1) "Show Luck Adjustment Winnings"

If your GREEN line (=winnings) is going UP, and you RED line (=luck adjusted winnings) is going DOWN, you're just really lucky, because you should be losing. If the red and green line are BOTH going down, but the gap between them gets bigger and bigger you're running better than average.

2) Most people need to do a MANUAL vacuum (the Vacuum Analyse Database IN HEM doesn't work for many users)
Which Purge option did you use? There is Options/PURGE HANDS (will delete hand and stats).... and there is -recommended- Options/Observed Handhistory Configuration/PURGE HAND HISTORY OPTIONS (will delete hand but you keep the stats/graph)

3)

4) A -$EV doesn't mean you played the hand wrong. Just that you won more that you should have won on average. For example in the SNG you played you won 55 vs AT. After you won the hand you were IN THE MONEY! and your chipstack was

Seat 5: ***YOU*** (9,000)

So you have 66% of all the chips in play, you're guaranteed to take the 3th spot price and you have a 66% chance to WIN the match. (winning $50).
However.. had you lost the 55 vs AT... you'd only have

Seat 5: ***YOU*** (1,745)
Seat 8: lungemos (7,320)

Now you only have 13% of the chips in play and a 13% chance to win the $50 for finishing first. And you might not even survive the bubble!
Suppose you would play this exact match 100 times. 53 times you'd win 55 vs AT and you would win $40 on average, and 47 times you'd loose 55 vs AT and you would end up winning $15 on average. (mostly finishing 4th/3th, very rarely 1th/2th). So your average $EV for the SNG is (53x $40 + 47x $15)/100=$28.25 as a direct result of this one hand.
Lets suppose you finished 1th in this SNG winning $50, you run +$21.75 $EV.