PDA

View Full Version : How do I purge observed hands?

gpiotter
09-09-2009, 05:00 AM
I see that I can purge hands, but I only want to purge observed hands.

edit: My girlfriend also plays on the same site on this computer and I don't want to remove her info either.

Also do you ever plan to get rid of the popup that shows up when I put the mouse over the table manager? I've mentioned how annoying that is for the past 7 months.

netsrak
09-09-2009, 05:11 AM
You should use the option "Do not delete played hands by..." and you should create an alias for the screennames you dont want to delete and enter it there.

I have no news about your 2nd question. You mean the number of hands and the winnings i think?

gpiotter
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
You should use the option "Do not delete played hands by..." and you should create an alias for the screennames you dont want to delete and enter it there.

I have no news about your 2nd question. You mean the number of hands and the winnings i think?

Can I create an alias for myself on the same poker site? I didn't realize that. I have created aliases before, but it was always on different sites. I will be on that computer later today and will look into that.

With regards to the second question if I put my mouse over the table manager in the system tray a popup comes up that shows my session result and yes I think the # of hands as well. I would rather not know how I'm doing until I'm done playing for the day and sometimes knowing how much I'm ahead or down affects my play and affects how long I play. Can you please give us an option to disable that?

netsrak
09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
The alias is for connecting different screen names on more or more sites.

The table manager info disable was already suggested. You can push it here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions

gpiotter
09-09-2009, 06:33 PM
The alias is for connecting different screen names on more or more sites.

The table manager info disable was already suggested. You can push it here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions

Adding an alias isn't working. I have "player A" set as my main name. I then go to "options" add aliases. Under current aliases I have "player B"" which is my girlfriend's username. Player "C" is my pokerstars ID. Next I go to the section where it says "players attached to aliases" and select "Player A"

If I go to the cash game tab, then to reports and change the player name to "Player B" I see the following

Name site hands
Player B FT 20254
Player B Alias 385314

Why aren't those 20254 hands associated w/ my alias? They should be

Also for Player C:

Name site hands
Player C Alias 0
Player C PS 5929

Those 5929 hands should be showing as my alias.

gpiotter
09-10-2009, 05:08 AM

I pushed it a bunch of times early in the year when I could contribute all 10 votes to a topic. Now I think you changed it so that can't be done. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. Once I tired from that I kept on waiting. I've waited all year. I've begged and pleaded every month. Do I need to setup 20 different email addresses on 20 different computers to get it to go to the top? 600 votes would do it.

Is it that hard to change? I know you probably have some big projects, but can't you knock this out relatively quickly? You already know how to have it NOT appear since it never did in the first place. I play for a living so although this is a minor nuisance to a few people it is a major inconvenience to me because at times it affects how I play or how long I play.

I used poker tracker since it first came out as well poker ace when they were separate products, however I switched to HM a while ago. You probably know better than I do when I came aboard. In fact I've recommended dozens of people to HM. This little damn thing, however has me questioning whether or not I still want to continue using HM or whether or not I want to refer it to friends or people I hardly know that ask me?

I would like to continue because I appreciate the product and the support and I'd like to tell everyone I talk to-even recreational players- that they HAVE to have this piece of software. I still appreciate the support and the product, but the last time someone asked about tracking software I told him there were 2 products available both of which offer free trials. I never would have done this before because I thought HM was so superior. It still probably is.

You guys have done well in the past and especially now that fozzy is on board I am even more grateful. However, can you PLEASE change this back to how it was or give us an option? Isn't a 5 paragraph plea worth 100 votes/paragraph? Please consider changing this sooner than later.

Sorry to rant, but I've been waiting a long time. Does this count as a paragraph? How about another 100 votes, or even 50? That takes it to the top

netsrak
09-10-2009, 05:53 AM
I think you are misunderstanding the alias:

Alias is a summing up of different screen names:

Alias A: ---- Player A on site A
---- Player B on site A
---- Player C on site B
so when you choose Alias A in the reports you will see the hands of all the players connected to it.

i don't understand the examples you gave exactly but i think the above clearifies it.

For your 2nd issue: i'll forward this to Roy for a statement.

gpiotter
09-10-2009, 03:24 PM
I think you are misunderstanding the alias:

Alias is a summing up of different screen names:

Alias A: ---- Player A on site A
---- Player B on site A
---- Player C on site B
so when you choose Alias A in the reports you will see the hands of all the players connected to it.

i don't understand the examples you gave exactly but i think the above clearifies it.

Thanks for the help. I probably wasn't clear. I setup 2 aliases, Player B on site A and Player C on site B.

Then let's say I select the reports tab. I want to select a different player name instead of Player A so I click where it says "change".Then a window pops up where it says enter player name. I type "Player B" and it brings back hands for 2 players, BOTH of which are "Player B"

Under the name column it says "Player B" and then under that it says "Player B" again. So it shows my alias name twice. Under the site column it says, "Alias" for the first Player B and under that it says FT for the 2nd Player B. Moving over to the next column, "Hands" It shows 355314 hands for the first Player B. Then under that line it shows 20254 hands for the second Player B.

In other words:

name Site Hands
Player B Alias 353314
Player B FT 20254

Instead of listing Player B twice shouldn't all those hands be grouped into one Alias? I don't want to remove all observed hands and lose those 20254 hands

Same goes for the Player C question.

If I wasn't able to explain it well enough I can send you a screen shot if give me your email. I would rather not publicize my player names

netsrak
09-10-2009, 04:25 PM
OK, netsrak@holdemmanager.net and please cc fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread. Possibly he has a better understanding for your question.

fozzy71
09-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I believe netsrak replied to you via email with some instructions. Please let us know if that helps at all.

gpiotter
09-11-2009, 06:21 PM
I believe netsrak replied to you via email with some instructions. Please let us know if that helps at all.

Unless I misunderstood him, no that didn't help

gpiotter
09-11-2009, 09:16 PM
xdfad

netsrak
09-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Please give me some more time, i was busy yesterday. I'll contact you later via mail.

gpiotter
10-01-2009, 10:49 PM

tx guys for your help on this. It turns out that the problem was user error. Any word from Roy about the other issue?

fozzy71
10-02-2009, 12:58 AM
No I havent heard anything yet. He has been busy with a lot of other things recently and hasnt had time to reply to the forums. Just because he doesnt reply doesnt mean he is unaware.

You are not the first to ask for that to be changed/removed, and this is not the first thread about it. He is very aware that multiple customers (me included) hate these popup session stats.