PDA

View Full Version : Slow autoimport - Fast folder import

holberg19
09-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi HEM users

My question is related to importing hands.

When im using autoimport the speed of the import is about 3 hands/hour. When im using import from folder, the speed is about 100 hands/hour.

I want to be able to use autoimport but how do I fix this issue about slow import?

Best regards,

Morten

netsrak
09-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Check that the handhistory folder of your Pokerclient is empty and you are using the latest Beta.

For further help we need to know more details:

If that doesn't help, please answer and post these questions: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

holberg19
09-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Thanks.

Ill try that and return with my results.

fozzy71
09-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Auto Import speeds are naturally much slower but this is not really any kind of issue. If you are trying to import a lot of hands at once then make sure you use Import Folder – I will explain the difference between the two

Import Folder

1) Open the hand history

2) Parse all of the hands

3) Import into database

Auto Import

1) Open the hand history

2) Parse all of the hands

3) Import only the new hands into the database

4) Collect all of the data for the previous hand and provide it to the hud

5) Check all filters and auto rate rules and provide new stats / icons to the hud for display

It is in fact steps #1 and #2 that are the biggest cause of this since when HM opens a file with say 100 hands in it for auto import, it still needs to parse all 100 hands to make sure that any new ones are grabbed. It does it very quickly but still auto import is not meant for high speed since it does so much extra work and you will still get your hud stats updated within a few seconds of the hand being over