PDA

View Full Version : Postgres and Holdem Manager Questions general

Abercropmbie1
09-08-2009, 02:42 PM
OK,
I would like to try using HM as my software Using PT3 right now. I down loaded the HM trial version and when starting come to a screen to connect to the Post gres I click connect and it says that it can not connect then I have it try to connect on its own and it says can not do that. I know that Post gres is on the computer since PT3 uses it. I am by far an expert in any of this.
1) Can the Postgres that PT3 is using be the same for HM?
2) Why can it not connect since I have it already ( I have user control turned off)
3) I read down in this forum that PT3 and HM can import the same hands at the same time so I take it both programs can be running at same time with no conflict?
4) I have over 1 million hands in the PT3 data base can those hands be easily exported to HM? or is there a lengthy process?

I guess the first problem is getting HM to recognize and connect to the postgres. HELP!!! :)

netsrak
09-08-2009, 04:07 PM
1+2) You need to enter the same postgresql connection settings you use for PT3. After the successful connect create a new database for holdemmanager.

3) not during the game. You can use one program for the Hud and autoimport during playing and you can import the hands again with the the program from the archive folder of the 1st one.

4) http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=63

Abercropmbie1
09-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Thank you for the response,

I am such an idiot that I have no idea where to find the information for my original postgres. How do I find that? I do not think when I installed it with PT3 that I changed anything I think I just left it all as the defaults. Is there someplace where I can find that postgres and look at the entries.
I follow what you are saying about connecting with post gres through HM. Just need the old info.

Thanks

Abercropmbie1
09-09-2009, 11:07 AM
OK,
So on my own I went to PT3 and datatbase management and found the Postgres file with the info. The one piece of info that I do not remember id the postgres password. It looks to be 5 letters long but for the life of me I do not remember it is the default 5 letters long and if so what would the default be? if not I am screwed I guess since I did a google search on how to recover the password and the instructions were jibberish to me. The must be an easy way like deleting the postgres and reinstalling it? I may have to export the PT3 data file so as not to lose it? the just re import it after the new postgres is installed? what do ya all think?

Thanks

fozzy71
09-09-2009, 11:59 AM
If you created a unique name and password during install, you will need to enter that now.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

svcpass is another possibility

Go to your command function (for Vista users, type cmd in search) and type net user. This will show you which user groups are on your pc.

Net user will tell you what the user is on your machine.

If you still can't get connected thru HM you can either try to remove the password requirement entirely.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Configuration Files > Edit pg_hba.conf

The file should open with Notepad

Scroll to the bottom where you will see this code

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

You need to change the first 'md5' to 'trust', like this

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

Save, and close the file.

Click: Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload configuration

GGGrande
09-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Hello,

just purchased Holdem Manager and tried to install PostgreSQL. At a point it says it only works on an NTFS partition, while I have only FAT32 partitions.

I had PokerTracker for a while, so I remember I had it installed on my comp before. I had some reformatting since then, so things could have changed, but I never changed partition formatting... so how is it? Previous PostgreSQL versions ran on FAT32?

So now what? The only solution I can think of is to create an NTFS subpartition from one of my existing ones with free space...

Is there any easier solution you can reccommend? If no, how big a partition do I need to create?

Thanks,
GGGrande

GGGrande
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
OK, I found the solution

convert d: /fs:ntfs - this converted my partition without data loss in just a few minutes

Hello,

just purchased Holdem Manager and tried to install PostgreSQL. At a point it says it only works on an NTFS partition, while I have only FAT32 partitions.

I had PokerTracker for a while, so I remember I had it installed on my comp before. I had some reformatting since then, so things could have changed, but I never changed partition formatting... so how is it? Previous PostgreSQL versions ran on FAT32?

So now what? The only solution I can think of is to create an NTFS subpartition from one of my existing ones with free space...

Is there any easier solution you can reccommend? If no, how big a partition do I need to create?

Thanks,
GGGrande

fozzy71
09-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Thank you for posting the solution.