PDA

View Full Version : So many problems!

Bernabus
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi, i have recently installed the HEM small stakes hold em version, and i am encountering 2 main problems!

1. When i try to run HEM it says "failure to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"
I have tried to fix this by doing what is done on this website, but this it still doesn't work

2. When i try to install Postgres, it doesnt seem to install. I get to the very end of the installation, and it says something like "failure to install. User postgres already installed" and closes without finishing installing!
I have tried and tried to reboot postgres, but i always get this same message box!

Thanks in advance for any help. It is much appreciated!
Andy.

netsrak
09-08-2009, 11:07 AM
1. This is because Postgresql is not running so we need to solve 2. before returning to 1.

2. This means you had Postgresql installed before:

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL again,

Bernabus
09-09-2009, 12:39 PM
1. This is because Postgresql is not running so we need to solve 2. before returning to 1.

2. This means you had Postgresql installed before:

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL again,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I am going to sound like a total noob, and for that, i apologise lol.

In reply to what you have suggested, heres what i encountered when trying them...
1)Whereabouts in my C panel is it? i cant find it?
2)I think its all gone to my recycling bin. not 100% sure though, anyway
i can know for sure
3) Tried this. it says "The syntax of this command is..." and comes up with a huge list of things like [ACCOUNTS : COMPUTER...USER : VIEW]
4) and 5) i am yet to get to since 1 -> 3 arent working lol

thanks, and sorry again.

netsrak
09-09-2009, 01:47 PM
- Its in the Programs section - where you find the uninstallation for nearly every program
- Please make sure you enter the command correctly

net <space> user <space> postgres <space> /delete

I put the spaces in to make it clearer you don't need to key it in

Bernabus
09-10-2009, 12:11 PM
ok, the first part i had already done, its uninstalled. ( i hope)

As for this second part, it still says error! I type it in, exactly as im supposed to, yet i get the same thing.
( I assume when you say "user" you mean me e.g "andrew", and not "user"? )

Sorry.

netsrak
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM
When i say user i mean user (in this case) :p

Bernabus
09-11-2009, 05:31 AM
ok lol, i thought this might have been the case, so i tried both.

When i tried "user" i got "System error"
I can't remember exactly what it said, and i am not on my normal pc to check it out, but typing in "user" or "andrew" made nothing work.
The only difference is, the type of message i get coming up. (do you want me to do a screenshot so you can see it yourself?)
Should i try to re-install Postgres, or is this command absolutely necessary?

Bernabus
09-11-2009, 05:33 AM
Oh, and im really grateful for you r fast replies. I have no internet in my flat yet, so i have to take my laptop with me anywhere and use any avail wifi, hence my much slower replies.

fozzy71
09-11-2009, 10:05 AM
See if this helps:

Go to your command function (for Vista users, type cmd in search) and type net user. This will show you which user groups are on your pc. When I had this issue, I had tried to find postgres via user groups..and computer management but could not find it anywhere.

Net user will tell you if the user is on your machine. If it is, type the command: net user postgres /delete or any other usernames you might have tried. Go to the program files and ensure everything postgres is deleted and reboot. Reinstall and remember the default is NOT morny pc..it is whatever your account is (normally something like OWNER-PC) otherwise the lookup failure will occur.

Otherwise, simply go thru the install process for postgresql and make any new, unique username you want, that has not already been used.

Bernabus
09-14-2009, 09:10 AM
See if this helps:

Otherwise, simply go thru the install process for postgresql and make any new, unique username you want, that has not already been used.

Thanks, i think i may be getting somewhere.

I type in net user, and it comes up with a list of 3 names
Administrator Andrew Guest
postgres
The command completed succesfully.

Then when i type in the next part, i just get the same old "The syntax of this command is: ..."
I really dont get what that part means though...

netsrak
09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
please type:

net user SPACE postgres SPACE /delete

The SPACE is just to make it clear...

Bernabus
09-14-2009, 02:47 PM
please type:

net user SPACE postgres SPACE /delete

The SPACE is just to make it clear...

Ok, i am doing what you tell me to do, i think, but i will just show you a screenshot of it, so you know exactly what im typing, and what im getting told when i type it.

Thanks for your help though :)

netsrak
09-15-2009, 09:14 AM
"Access is denied" means you need administrator rights.

Switch off UAC and reboot your computer: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

or run the command box as Administrator

Bernabus
09-16-2009, 02:44 PM
ill try this, but this is the thing i dont understand - It says here there are 3 users.
Administrator Douglas Guest

However, i am douglas, and i am the administrator! So it shouldnt be refusing me access!!

netsrak
09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
You still need to start the command box with administrator permissions (Vista special)

Bernabus
09-17-2009, 04:15 PM
You still need to start the command box with administrator permissions (Vista special)

ok, and how do i do this. I thought i was the administrator. It even says i am, cos whenever i do stuff, it asks me, as the administator, if i want to go ahead with it.

Im confused...

netsrak
09-18-2009, 03:37 AM
Use Right click or Shift right click on the command box icon in the start menue and choose "Run as" administrator.

I'm not 100% sure about it.

If you can't figure it out i guess its the best if we schedule a teamviewer session: please email fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.

fozzy71
09-18-2009, 08:35 AM
.... cos whenever i do stuff, it asks me, as the administator, if i want to go ahead with it.

As mentioned before, you MUST turn off UAC. If you are still getting these messages then UAC is still on.

Please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.