PDA

View Full Version : Hands not showing up anywhere

harmonica
01-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi

I just noticed mid session when looking for somebody in HEM, that none of the hands are showing up anywhere for myself or any other player. I checked the import tab to see whether they was being imported and they was, I have checked the ipoker client that the hands are being stored locally, I looked in HMarchive and there is hands in there for today - dont know whether this is important or not but it says the last date hmarchive was modified was 02/01/12, but then there is a folder in for today - the hud was working.

Thanks

Edit: Just realised I need to be a bit clearer here, when I mean that no hands are showing I also mean that there is no stats either its just all white space.

Patvs
01-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States) , clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

If that doesn't resolve it, try reimporting your hands into a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

harmonica
01-10-2012, 02:32 PM
The first 2 things you suggested didn't work, but I imported yesterdays hands into a new db and they are now showing up. But I just looked in the replayer and the hud is only displaying the stats on myself and other players in this new db and none of the hands from the old db. Is there a way to get it to combine all the hands?.

Thanks

Patvs
01-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Run a import from folder on your archive folder, C:/HMArchive

harmonica
01-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Run a import from folder on your archive folder, C:/HMArchive

I did this for that days hands into the new db they showed up. I then deleted this new db and tried importing that days hands into the old db from that days folder in the hmarchive and the green bar showed up and said that it had imported some files I then check and it is still all blank. Is my db corrupt?, because I had this happen like 18 months ago but that was because I didn't vacuum/reindex, so I started doing this every week. But that time I couldn't see any of my hands, this time I can see everything before this date.

Could it be the size of the db?, not sure how I find that info out for you, but what I can tell you is my hmarchive is 2.75GB.

Edit: Also thinking of creating a new db and just putting all the hands from my old db into the new one, I can only think of 2 ways of doing this either directly from the hmarchive folder or export all hands then reimport into the new db, which one would be the best method?.

Patvs
01-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Run a import from folder on the archive folder in the new database.

harmonica
01-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Run a import from folder on the archive folder in the new database.

I grew frustrated with the speed of this when I realised how long it took last time when I only had 900mb of hands to import, so thought I would try the backup & restore feature in HEM, so I did the back up that eat away 7GB's of space then I started to restore but unlike in your video it didn't ask me to create a new database to restore the backup into I just put the location of where I saved the backup and everything greyed out and it began to eat more of my space up another 5GB's so I had to stop it through task manager cause I only had 8 GB left on my computer, could you tell me how I can get this 12 GB's of hard drive space back?.

Thanks

Patvs
01-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Backup/restore requires about the same size as the database.

To get the diskspace back: reboot your computer, and delete the content from your Windows's TEMP folder,
C:/Users/%yourusername%/Appdata/Local/Temp