PDA

View Full Version : fulltilt import

horsetranquilizer
09-07-2009, 01:04 PM
i just played a session on fultilt.
the table manager showed that i played like 1800 hands and i was up 2 buyins.

i dont know why, but in the reports tab it only shows 1200 hands and also cannot show an ev line in the graph.
i wasnt able to find the big pots i played neither.

i had beta 23 running and now updated to beta30. still no change

best regards
horse

netsrak
09-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Move the files to a different folder and reimport them with the latest Beta via import file or import from folder.

horsetranquilizer
09-07-2009, 03:28 PM
just had the same problem with stars

horsetranquilizer
09-07-2009, 03:51 PM
tried to re-import the hands, didnt work

netsrak
09-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Please try with a new database: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

horsetranquilizer
09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
omg, is there any other way to fix this?

my DB is huge

would "reindex" under database maintanance in the pqadmin do it or sth?

fozzy71
09-08-2009, 01:31 AM
You can try a reindex, but I would be surprised if that cures it.

You don't have to reimport your whole DB just to test this.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

If they still wont import please www.7zip.org the problem hands and email them to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

horsetranquilizer
09-08-2009, 06:44 AM
ok, created a new db and imported some of last sessions hands. seems to work allright.

now whats my plan?
Do i just continue with that new db as my default db?
-->Will HUD be still able to get stats from the old db?
--> my db was like 80gb big. lots of mined hands though. can i export the hands i played - import into the new db, delete the old db and will stats be in the hud cache still?
-->also, does the tablescanner /or spadeeye/telescope, need the old DB?

whats the best way to get a working DB as well as 90% known players on all tables as fast as possible again?

thanks for your help in advance
horse

netsrak
09-08-2009, 09:04 AM
The only was is the export / import: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173

HM, tablescanner etc. can only work with the one active database.

horsetranquilizer
09-08-2009, 09:50 AM
ok, so i decided, it would be a good idea, to purge datamined hands from my old db to get some disc space and keep it. so i can still have a look at my results /spadeeye will still be able to use that db. and start a complete new, fresh DB and import datamines into that from now on.

when trying to purge handhistorys, following error occured:

"An error occurred: ERROR: XX00: could not open relation 1663/17927/18034: Incalid argument"

and i have to reboot, since the popup comes again and again after clicking ok.

so i guess i delete the whole db and get the pokersites to send my old handhistorys via email?
probably faster than export/import which wont work probably, since the DB seems to be totally busted.

sigh i dont like to spend 2 days getting even close to initial state...

thanks for your advice so far, if you got any ideas, let me know

netsrak
09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
You should do regular backups in the future

fozzy71
09-09-2009, 11:47 AM
so i guess i delete the whole db and get the pokersites to send my old handhistorys via email?

probably faster than export/import which wont work probably, since the DB seems to be totally busted.,...

I would do both, to be thorough, if it were me. I would definitely export my DB to text files, regardless of if it is corrupted or not. The hand history exports are typically still functional, even if the SQL DB is damaged.

You should also have the majority of these original files, in your \HMArchive directory.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

Also make sure you turn off the postgresql logging before importing all your archives.

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation as well as these other performance improvements - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips
(http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62613&posted=1#post62613)

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

*edit:
- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.