PDA

View Full Version : Import from PT3 not importing hands

uhtredaerwe
01-08-2012, 11:14 PM
I followed the steps in the FAQ to export from PT3 and import into HEM. It didn't show any errors, but it didn't import any hands. Just installed the latest HEM 1.12 yesterday. I'm running PT3 on OSX Lion if that matters.

Patvs
01-09-2012, 09:08 PM
PT3 should have a processed hands folder.
Run a import from folder on that.

Or in HM--> click on File--> import PT3 database (this will only work if your PT3 database and current HM1 install are using the same version of PostgreSQL 8.4... it won't work it your PT3 database was using 8.3, or you're currently using 9.0/9.1)

uhtredaerwe
01-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the response and advice.

Here's my problem though. I had just finished playing a session when another program crashed that caused core OSX processes to respawn. Auto import was running before the crash so all the hands made it into my PT3 database, but the files themselves were trashed. They are no longer on my SSD in either PT3's processed hands folder or the Merge client's folder. The only place I have these hands now is in PT3's database itself. PT3 is running on OSX, and HEM is running on a Windows VM so I can't do a direct DB import.

I much prefer HEM over PT3. I wouldn't even be using PT3 except for the fact that I like to play on my Macbook and prefer not to have to do so through a VM. I also own Leak Buster and use Windows based analysis tools which can't import PT3's format like Cardrunners EV Calc.

I'm a software engineer, so if it really comes down to it, I can write my own PT3 to HEM hand converter. Since there are specific instructions in the FAQ for importing from PT3, I assume it must be possible though. I also hate text parsing and really don't want to have to write my own, especially since I'm ready to throw some cash your way for an upgrade to HEM2. :) If there's any way possible to do a direct import without having the original HH files, I'd prefer to get that method working.

Thanks again for your help.

Patvs
01-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Unfortunately, you need the handhistories in their original formatting.

PT3--> when you export the hands--> randomly changes some of the original formatting. So it's crucial you manage to import the entire PT3 database.

Which PostgreSQL version are you using for PT3 on the MAC OSX?

Did you try installing the HM2 trial--> just to see if it's able to detect and import your PT3 database?
Or backup the PT3 database---> install PT3 (PC version installed on Windows VM)---> restore the database in PT3 Windows VM---> then run a import from database on it in HM1 or HM2!

uhtredaerwe
01-10-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm in the process of transferring the db from postgres on OSX to my VM right now. That seems like it should do the trick. I'll report back.

Thanks again!

uhtredaerwe
01-10-2012, 01:01 AM
No luck. PT3 installed Postgres 9 on OSX. I upgraded the VM's version to 9, backed up the DB on OSX, copied it over and restored it on the VM, but HEM doesn't show any Import from database option on the file menu. So close, yet so far. :)

Patvs
01-10-2012, 01:05 AM
The import function (importing an entire PT3 database) in HM will only work with PostgreSQL 8.4