PDA

View Full Version : 6-Max

The Minder
09-07-2009, 03:05 AM
I read a thread on the FTP forum comparing HEM and PT3 where a poster advised that HEM was aimed at ring games and PT3 better suited SnGs and tourneys. I hadn't thought about that much until I saw and read the threads on Leak Buster. That got me to thinking and after doing some searches through this forum I have come to the conclusion that not only is HEM aimed at ring games, but it specifically targets 6-max NLHE. This also appears to be Leak Buster's focus.

I'd like to inquire from Roy if this will remain the focus for HEM in the future or will some attention be paid to those of who have NLHE interests other than 6-max?

netsrak
09-07-2009, 03:56 AM
I'll forward it to Roy...

Rvg72
09-07-2009, 04:38 PM
I read a thread on the FTP forum comparing HEM and PT3 where a poster advised that HEM was aimed at ring games and PT3 better suited SnGs and tourneys. I hadn't thought about that much until I saw and read the threads on Leak Buster. That got me to thinking and after doing some searches through this forum I have come to the conclusion that not only is HEM aimed at ring games, but it specifically targets 6-max NLHE. This also appears to be Leak Buster's focus.

I'd like to inquire from Roy if this will remain the focus for HEM in the future or will some attention be paid to those of who have NLHE interests other than 6-max?

Hi, this is completely untrue. First of all LeakBuster is not developed by us but it in fact does support full ring completely. Additionally every report / stat we have is catered not only to 6 max but also HU and Full Ring and we support the same set of functionality on No Limit, Pot Limit and Limit and for both Omaha and Holdem!

Regarding tourneys, our initial support was slow for tourneys and so that persons comment was probably valid say 8 months ago but if you look at our current tourney offering it does much more than our competition. We auto import (without needing summaries except in cases where this is impossible in which case we support summaries) way more tourney types from more sites, we have accurate $EV using ICM Calculations and we provide more ways to analyze your tourney stats.

It may seem like NLHE 6Max is the main thing being discussed in the forums but that is because that is the main game being played.

I hope this clears up the misconception you have but if you have further questions or concerns then by all means let us know

Roy

The Minder
09-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Roy, I'll mention just a few things that come to mind.

1. Cash Games > Reports versus Tourney > Reports and look at the first three column headers for each report (both with a filter of 'overall'). This shows me that the cash game report came first and that a simple option was taken to overlay it onto the Tourney tab. Those first three columns, Hands, $ and bb/100 may have relevance to a ring game player but have absolutely no relevance to a tourney player. In fact, the $ and bb/100 columns don't even make sense in tourneys.

Yes, I know we can change the stat selection in Tourney > Reports, I just can't think of any stat offered that has relevance over the entire tourney life. I know I'd be interested in seeing a stat comparing VPIP, PFR and AF to blind levels... I think. The 'By Stakes' filter is pretty good, but this is information I would prefer to see on the fly (displayed in the HUD) rather than post mortem.

2. HEM seems to have a problem in rebuy tourneys where it seems to stop when it detects a "you've been busted" scenario without looking for the ensuing "oh, you've bought back in again". I posted a thread about this, sent HHs and links off to your people and have heard nothing.

3. There have been several posts in this forum from users wondering why the Hero (HUD) stats reset when tables break up (in tourneys) and I thought the responses from HEM staff more than reasonable. However, I am now of a different opinion... sort of. I agree that Hero HUD stats should reset when joining a new ring game table and possibly for an MTT (although the more MTTs I enter the more I would like to see my current stats), but I do not agree that stats should reset for SnGs.

The reason being is that SnGs (say up to 45 man) typically last about 90-120 minutes and are a single, continuous, event whereas MTTs and cash games can/are played in stages. At the least, HEM should give me the option of having Hero stats reset ,or not, during an SnG.

4. How about a report within Tourney > Reports that showed stats based on SnG/MTT field without having to go through the complication of selecting a field size, noting the results, selecting a new field size, noting the results etc and then manually making comparisons. Heck, Cash Games > Reports > Winning Summary gives data keyed by sb/bb (ie, table/game), why does Tourney > Reports > Winning Summary do the same thing (based on blinds) rather than what the game was?

I could go on (like, should emailed summary files (another tourney element not applicable to ring games) be saved as UTF-8 or ANSI... couldn't find anything about this in the HEM manual or FAQ), but then you'd have to pay me consultancy fees :)

Don't get me wrong, HEM is a great product. I just wish it was more 'expansive' in it's capabilities to better support my poker regime.