PDA

View Full Version : Question about EV

Arizona Willie
09-06-2009, 06:45 PM
If I click on the Cash Games tab and then on the Sessions tab and refresh it shows me my individual sessions and how I did.

If the column for $EV shows like -$1.87 but the $/hr shows -$0.77 and the $ column shows -$0.74 does that mean I did better than expected? That according to the cards I drew the program thinks I should have lost more than I did?

And on a winning session it shows like $3.01 $/hr $4.74 $EV $2.94 so it looks like I won more than it thinks I should have.

If that is what that means.

I'm just playing micro stakes now hoping to learn a bit.

fozzy71
09-06-2009, 11:09 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=68

If I click on the Cash Games tab and then on the Sessions tab and refresh it shows me my individual sessions and how I did.

If the column for $EV shows like -$1.87 but the $/hr shows -$0.77 and the $ column shows -$0.74 does that mean I did better than expected? That according to the cards I drew the program thinks I should have lost more than I did?

You lost .74 but should have lost 1.87, so you were actually running above expectation. If you right click this session and choose update all filters to this date/time range, and then go to the Graphs tab, and choose the All-In Ev, that line should be lower than your actual winnings.

And on a winning session it shows like $3.01 $/hr $4.74 $EV $2.94 so it looks like I won more than it thinks I should have.

You won $3.01 and should have won $2.94, so you were a little lucky.