PDA

View Full Version : Read FAQ, but can't pre-fetch one PS hand

_Loki_
09-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Hi - what am I doing wrong here ?

** I've read the FAQ re pre-fetching one hand from a PS table before sitting at the table, but I still can't get the player stats to appear until I've actually sat at the table & played a couple of hands

** In "Configure Auto Import" I see these two paths:
C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory + subfolders
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data + subfolders

** In "HUD Import Options" under the "Poker Stars" tab I see:
"Pre-fetch one hand" box is ticked
"Save folder for pre-fetched hands" C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data

Regards
Michael

fozzy71
09-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Beta 30 and 30a are having some pre-fetch issues, for some people.

Beta 30b should be released with in the hour, and is aimed directly at this problem and the HUD crashes that are happening for some.

_Loki_
09-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi fozzy. First of all I'm very pleased with HM & also with the service I get here. Thanks to you & your colleagues

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A] PRE-FETCH @ POKERSTARS NOT FIXED:

Hi - what am I doing wrong here ?
** I've read the FAQ re pre-fetching one hand from a PS table before sitting at the table, but I still can't get the player stats to appear until I've actually sat at the table & played a couple of hands
** In "Configure Auto Import" I see these two paths:
C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory + subfolders
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data + subfolders
** In "HUD Import Options" under the "Poker Stars" tab I see:
"Pre-fetch one hand" box is ticked
"Save folder for pre-fetched hands" C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data
Regards
Michael

Beta 30 and 30a are having some pre-fetch issues, for some people. Beta 30b should be released with in the hour, and is aimed directly at this problem and the HUD crashes that are happening for some

** I still don't have the PokerStars "pre-fetch one hand" feature working. I think I have set up everything correctly, but I still have to play a couple of hands before the HUD stats appear.

>> Do you want my config file?

----------------------------------------------
B] TYPO IN VERSION #?
** When I launch HM I see "Hold'em Manager Small Stakes 1.09 beta 30b", but when I then click "Start Auto Import" I see "Table Manager 1.09.30aa".

>> I assume this is a typo ?

--------------------------------------------------
C] PLAYER PREFERENCES:

I have a default config & a PS config - That is all I need for now since I only play at PS.

In the PS config "Use for" tab I have ticked all of the "Use for" boxes EXCEPT the 3 tourney ones (because I only have small stakes edition). I have "Site" set as "PokerStars". I have "Games" set as "All games". The default config "Site" is set as "Dracula".

>> Is that all correct ?

---------------------------------------------------------
D] WHERE SHOULD I POST THIS? UNDER BUGS OR SUGGESTIONS ?

** WINNINGS: I play 6max NLHE cash at micro stakes & I like to see how my opps are performing in terms of +/- "WINNINGS" in the HUD (this is because I find certain players change their style of play when they are signifcinantly +/- their buy in
However If I colour code the "WINNINGS" stat tO show negative as red (Red = less than 0.00 & White = less than inf) it turns out that values -0.01 to -0.99 remain white & it's only at -1.00 or lower that red activates. I'm told that this isn't a bug - it's the way HM recognises numbers. However at microstakes $1 = 50BB !

>> Can you rewrite WINNINGS to show minuses to 2 decimals please or

>> introduce a new winnings stat based on BB's ?

-------------------------------------------------------
E] 3-POT DISPLAY:

** I've noticed that in the 3-pot HUD display sometimes a player is shown italicized & sometimes not.

>> What does this signify ?

-------------------------------------------
Regards
Michael

fozzy71
09-07-2009, 05:36 PM

** I still don't have the PokerStars "pre-fetch one hand" feature working. I think I have set up everything correctly, but I still have to play a couple of hands before the HUD stats appear.

>> Do you want my config file?

No, I think I want to take a look at it personally.

B] TYPO IN VERSION #?
** When I launch HM I see "Hold'em Manager Small Stakes 1.09 beta 30b", but when I then click "Start Auto Import" I see "Table Manager 1.09.30aa".

>> I assume this is a typo ?

That is correct, and quite common. The Table Manager is usually a version or 2 behind the HM version. If the title bar of HM is correct, you can be confident the table manager is correct.

C] PLAYER PREFERENCES:

I have a default config & a PS config - That is all I need for now since I only play at PS.

In the PS config "Use for" tab I have ticked all of the "Use for" boxes EXCEPT the 3 tourney ones (because I only have small stakes edition). I have "Site" set as "PokerStars". I have "Games" set as "All games". The default config "Site" is set as "Dracula".

>> Is that all correct ?

Sounds fine. There probably is no harm in marking your stars config for the tourney tables. You could even try the Any Site option, though I doubt that will cure this issue.

D] WHERE SHOULD I POST THIS? UNDER BUGS OR SUGGESTIONS ?

** WINNINGS: I play 6max NLHE cash at micro stakes & I like to see how my opps are performing in terms of +/- "WINNINGS" in the HUD (this is because I find certain players change their style of play when they are signifcinantly +/- their buy in
However If I colour code the "WINNINGS" stat tO show negative as red (Red = less than 0.00 & White = less than inf) it turns out that values -0.01 to -0.99 remain white & it's only at -1.00 or lower that red activates. I'm told that this isn't a bug - it's the way HM recognises numbers. However at microstakes $1 = 50BB !

>> Can you rewrite WINNINGS to show minuses to 2 decimals please or

>> introduce a new winnings stat based on BB's ?

I will forward this to the HUD developer, because the color issue is certainly incorrect behavior.

Typically feature suggestions should go here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions

Stat suggestions can go here, for so the developers can browse it periodically.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3719

E] 3-POT DISPLAY:

** I've noticed that in the 3-pot HUD display sometimes a player is shown italicized & sometimes not.

>> What does this signify ?

It means there are known hole cards and/or mucked cards.

_Loki_
09-07-2009, 06:19 PM
No, I think I want to take a look at it personally

You can call around any day. In case you can't make it soon I've atached prefs

I will forward this to the HUD developer, because the color issue is
certainly incorrect behavior

Thanks - Regards - Michael

_Loki_
09-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi Fozzy. When I uploaded prefs an hour ago I had it opened. In case that matters here's another upload of it

fozzy71
09-07-2009, 10:00 PM
You can call around any day. In case you can't make it soon I've atached prefs

I actually ran into this a couple times today, during my all day teamviewer marathon. :(We will need to try and schedule a time. I am taking over all fabio's support sessions, so my day is pretty booked already for tomorrow. :(

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you. I have a few appointmemnts available tomorrow afternoon and evening still. I am in the stats, in EST. It is 10pm currently.

_Loki_
09-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Hi Fozzy

Pre-fetch on PS now works for me after going to Beta 32 !!

Do you think this was because of...

** 32 ?

Or because...

** I uninstalled .NET Framework to get iTunes to install on my XP machine before going to 32 & then reinstalled .NET bringin it up-to-date (it was way behind on updates) ?

I fancy it was .NET because I've not had pre-fetch ever in the 3 months I've had HM

Regards
Michael

fozzy71
09-18-2009, 12:06 AM
After that new information, I would think that the clean reinstall of .NET was the cure. We often recommend a reinstall of .net if you have multiple old versions/upgrades of it.