PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poker -> Crash = HUD stops working

Jorgo
09-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi,

Pacific Poker software crashes frequently.

I still use HandGrabber to get my hands which I don't believe is the cause of the crashes.

Anyways, when I load Pacific back up and my tables pop back up, the HUD no longer appears.

I click reload HUD + I've tried restarting HEM, still doesn't work.

To get it going again, I have to leave all tables I was currently sitting at and then sit back down.

It would be awesome if there was a way for the HUD to continue working despite the crash. Therefore I wouldn't had to give up my seat to the left of the donk.

Thx.

netsrak
09-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Why do you still use the handgrabber?

Which HM version?

spirited
09-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem.

I use HM 1.09beta 30b.

Is there any other way to use HUD without the pacific handgrabber?

Here is the problem from my point of view:

When I play a lot (2-3 hours) the poker client crashes (not the grabber) at a point. After restarting the client (either closing the grabber and through it or just simply starting it) holdem manager doesn't read the hands. The grabber is still working, new handhistories are converted, but holdem manager can't read the files and says files found, but with errors in them. So those hands doesn't appear in the statistics.

If I quit all tables and restart the program, everything works fine again until the poker client crash which happens often in a long session.

After starting a fresh new session, everything is fine.

fozzy71
09-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Pacific writes their own Text hand history files now, I believe.

spirited
09-08-2009, 03:00 AM
In the FAQ, it says to import using handgrabber: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=151

Any link to direct import the HH-s into HM?

netsrak
09-08-2009, 03:15 AM
We have no FAQ for the new software but its the same as for other sites:

* configure the Pacific client to write handhistories to a folder (it may be necessary to update your Pacific client). The handhistories must be in english.
* configure HM auto-import to read files from the above folder.

spirited
09-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Ok, I found it. Thanks for the help.

Jorgo
09-08-2009, 02:27 PM
I still use Handgrabber as it allows me to datamine.

It imports fine and HUD works perfectly, until Pacific crashes.

When it crashes and you restart Pacific client, HUD no longer works at tables you are still seated at.

Handgrabber probably tries to continue writing to the same table hand history file, however it's possible that HEM can't process the file because there is an incomplete hand history (at time of crash) in the text file somewhere? I really have no idea, just throwing possible idea out there.

You can duplicate the error by using handgrabber, forcing a pacific crash via task manager, and then rebooting Pacific.

netsrak
09-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I'll forward this to Mike for a statement.

Mike chops
09-08-2009, 05:07 PM
The pacific client crashes when you use the handgrabber and HEM.

Does it crash with just HEM?

Does it crash with just handgrabber?

Jorgo
09-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm not entirely sure what causes the crash. But the general consensus is that it is the Pacific Poker software as people on 2+2 have commented on the crashes, and they haven't been using HEM or HandGrabber.

Sometimes I can go a 5hr session and not experience a single crash. Other times I play for 2 hrs and it crashes 3-4 times. Such a pain having to exit the tables when you have position on a few fish. Pacific have been reasonable at crediting $ put in pot when you complain.

Now to be honest, I haven't tried playing without HEM or HandGrabber.

I'll try tomorrow and report back.

Jack Holdem
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
HEM doesn't crash when i play pacific. I do have a Seating problem.

When i play 1 table, everything is fine because i can put the stats next to the right person with my right mouse.

When i play 4 tables problems begin.

I read the thread here about don't use first person vieuw and also take 'Seat 2' but this doesn't work for me.

Can somebody give me hints or tips? I use Mikogo so you can email me if you can help me with this.

Jack Holdem

fozzy71
09-10-2009, 02:42 AM
I believe netsrak plays at pacific a little bit. I am going to hope he sees this thread in a little bit when he gets online.

Jack Holdem
09-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Tnx for the info, I sended him a private message.

Jack HoldeM