PDA

View Full Version : Operating System Down, cannot export Data.

lordofdrinks
09-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Hello,

My OS Windows XP in which postgresql and HM manager was installed is busted and can boot only in safe mode. But unfortunately i cannot get postgreSQL and subsequently HM manager to work properly "In Windows Safe Mode" to be able to export database files. (All the Files on that hard disk are fine and accessible)

I've already installed a new XP on my other HardDisk in the "same computer", I have not installed postgreSQL or HM manager on the new OS yet, as i have to find a way to extract data from my former HM manager first, before importing. Waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

PS: As it will still be the one and only machine that i will use HM on; Any advice about whether or not to get a new activation for the HM is appreciated.

netsrak
09-05-2009, 12:59 PM
You can try to copy the postgresql\data folder to the new computer http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

For your license: use our registration system to reset it: http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration

lordofdrinks
09-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Thank you,

I did try to copy the whole directory and/or only the data directory of my previous SQL folder to the new before installing, but unfortunately it said user ID and password mapping cannot be done and canceled the PGSQL installation prematurely in the first case and gave another error message in the second (user already exists).

I followed the processus explained on that link and even downloaded the same old version of PGSQL to make sure (8.2.x).

So i still dont wanna lose my old database :/ . Which is still intact on my HardDisk.

thanks in advance.

netsrak
09-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Not much left i can help you with.

You could try to delete the user postgres and try to install the old version again.

Open a command box (or Start -> Run -> cmd) and type

net user postgres /delete

and try again (please note that there is a space between postgres and /delete).

lordofdrinks
09-13-2009, 01:32 PM
I have not been able to use my earlier database, however i think i have found some HandHistory .txt files that i will try to import.

I have installed PSQL, and HM on the new operating system and HM told me that my Configuration has changed or etc. and cannot validate my activation.

But the thing is that; i cannot login at the registry link you have provided me with. I believe I just used the Product ID and started using HM after i bought it. I dont remember anything else about registering it.

So i am unable to reset anything or deactivate the original software.
Waiting for your prompt reply.

Thanks in advance.

netsrak
09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
You need to create a account for the registration. You can use whatever you want there (possibly the same as for this forum). Then you enter your key and should be able to reset it.