PDA

View Full Version : HEM Not Importing on UB

QBert
09-05-2009, 03:05 AM
I am running 1.09 beta 30 and when I Start Auto Import at UB the program tells me it is "Auto Importing..." but no hands are ever shown to import and the HUD does not launch. Please help!

I should note I get an error message on startup:

An error occurred while retrieving the imported file list: ERROR: 22P05: character 0x90 of encoding "WIN1252" has no equivalent in "UTF8".

I am running Windows 7.

netsrak
09-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Please create a new database with UTF-8 coding:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

QBert
09-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Does this mean I will lose all my data?

netsrak
09-05-2009, 01:14 PM
If you cant export the handhistories or have them in an archive folder yes.

I hope you can export and import them again: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173

But normally with this error message you should not have any hands in your database. Did you create a new database and restore a backup or what happened before?

QBert
09-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes I recently backed up my database on my old machine, and restored it on my new machine. I also backed up my preferences in HEM before downloading the latest version and restoring my preferences.

QBert
09-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I tried exporting my old database and got no error messages but when I navigate to where it's supposed to be I can't find the folder.

QBert
09-05-2009, 02:53 PM
However, when I go to Import from Folder, a folder is present, called HandHistoryExport_Sep09 (Sep09 is the name of my old database). When I go to import it, however, I get the same problem I was having earlier; it says it is Importing, but no files are actually imported.

QBert
09-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Also I seem to be unable to import hands in the new database.

fozzy71
09-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I tried exporting my old database and got no error messages but when I navigate to where it's supposed to be I can't find the folder.

It creates a .backup file in the folder you pointed it at. It won't create another folder there.

However, when I go to Import from Folder, a folder in present, called HandHistoryExport_Sep09 (Sep09 is the name of my old database). When I go to import it, however, I get the same problem I was having earlier; it says it is Importing, but no files are actually imported.

Is this on the first machine or new machine? If the new machine, did you copy that exported HH folder over from the other machine? Try to re-import those archived hands again, but first copy that folder of exported files, and paste it to a new location/folder. This will trick HM into parsing every file again, instead of assuming they have previously been imported.

If that doesn't work, please www.7zip.org some of the hands and email them to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

QBert
09-05-2009, 03:36 PM
When I complete the Export of hands, it says it exported to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\HandHistoryExport_Sep 09

yet when I look in the Holdem Manager directory, no such folder is present. So I'm not sure where it is BUT when I go to Import, the folder is there and full of files. I tell HEM to import them and it says "Importing..." but no files are imported.

So I can't copy/paste the files since I can't find them when navigating through Windows.

And I am doing everything on the new machine, as the old one has already been formatted.

Also I cannot send you the hands, as again, I can't find them in the HEM directory.

fozzy71
09-05-2009, 04:00 PM
When I complete the Export of hands, it says it exported to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\HandHistoryExport_Sep 09

yet when I look in the Holdem Manager directory, no such folder is present.

Screen shot please?

So I'm not sure where it is BUT when I go to Import, the folder is there and full of files. I tell HEM to import them and it says "Importing..." but no files are imported.

What are you importing?? How?? Import from folder? Start auto Import? Can you post a screen shot?

You confuse by saying it doesn't export, but you then import the files, but it doesn't import them properly... It seems like you are talking in circles from where I am sitting.

So I can't copy/paste the files since I can't find them when navigating through Windows.

How are you searching? Did you try searching for .txt files that were modified today?

Also I cannot send you the hands, as again, I can't find them in the HEM directory.

I asked you to send me hands, because you said this previously, and you said something similar in your last post.

However, when I go to Import from Folder, a folder in present, called HandHistoryExport_Sep09 (Sep09 is the name of my old database). When I go to import it, however, I get the same problem I was having earlier; it says it is Importing, but no files are actually imported.

First you say it doesn't export, and then you say you are importing the exported files. I am simply confused at this point, and a remote support session seems like the only possibility for closure. Unfortunately I am in the middle of massive computer problems, and am unsure if I am capable of a teamviewer session now. My first attempt crashed in <3 minutes.

QBert
09-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Screenshots should be attached.

The first shows the message I get when the Export is complete. In the background is the HEM directory--you can't see the folder it supposedly exported to.

The second shows the screen I get when I go to Import. It says it's Importing, but no files are imported.

The third is the screen I get right before the second. You can see the folder of Exported files there, this is what I selected to Import.

fozzy71
09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I can't believe this has not been asked or suggested yet. I am embarassed, to be honest.

Please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/ If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

What is in that C:\Holdem Manager I see in the first screen shot?

Are there any other hard drives on this computer, perhaps a E or F drive?

QBert
09-05-2009, 06:06 PM
C:\Holdem Manager contains the beta 26 version of HEM. What I did was back up HEM on my old system and restore it on my new system--this was before I realized I needed to backup the database separately. Once I realized I needed to backup the database I did so, and did a fresh download of HEM in the Program Files\RVG Software directory. Then I restored the database there. I never bothered to delete the beta 26. The funny thing is, beta 26 works fine. Is it possible beta 30 is not working because I have two versions of HEM installed on my PC?

UAC is turned off.

fozzy71
09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
C:\Holdem Manager contains the beta 26 version of HEM. What I did was back up HEM on my old system and restore it on my new system--this was before I realized I needed to backup the database separately.

So you installed beta 26 to c\holdem manager?

Once I realized I needed to backup the database I did so, and did a fresh download of HEM in the Program Files\RVG Software directory. Then I restored the database there. I never bothered to delete the beta 26.

Did you do another full setup and update of HM? Or did you just install the latest beta update here? You should have uninstalled beta 26 if you were going to reinstall it, or else just updated the beta 26 installation. You need to manually change the install path when updating this installation. The beta update packages default to \program files.

The funny thing is, beta 26 works fine. Is it possible beta 30 is not working because I have two versions of HEM installed on my PC?

Of course, this is exactly why. Especially if you ONLY installed beta 30 to \program files, without first installing the full setup.

Update the beta 26 installation and use that, or else uninstall and delete both of them before reinstalling and updating to the default location.

QBert
09-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I uninstalled and deleted both versions of HEM on my computer, and reinstalled with beta 30 patch. Problem is, now when I go to use my old database I get the same error message I was getting before.

Even when I create a new database as instructed earlier, HEM is still not importing hands (although I don't get the error message when I load the program that I was getting under the old DB). I'm not sure the error message is actually related to this problem.

fozzy71
09-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.