PDA

View Full Version : Importing Performance Issues in 1.12.09

dustyn
01-06-2012, 12:32 PM
I upgraded from 1.12.09 and suddenly the performance of importing new hands has decreased significantly. I vacuumed my database and this helped a little bit, but the performance is still significantly weaker than in previous versions. Any advice? I downgraded back to 1.12.03 and the issue went away. Was there some change in how importing works in the new version? I certainly have a large database but the fact that it is working fine in a previous version is confusing to me.

(Also, were the Microgaming MTT issues fixed in 1.12.09/08? I can't find any patch notes that say they were but it seemed like there wasn't the same issue that was in 1.12.07)

Thank you

Patvs
01-06-2012, 08:59 PM
What's your main game, of which you're importing hands? Played on which site? MTTs on Microgaming?
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Which Microgaming MTT issue are you referering to?

dustyn
01-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Pat,

I play MTT on Ongame/Microgaming/Everest/Ipoker/Party. Around 12-16 tables in total.

My current version of PostgreSQL is 8.3 it appears.

What I notice specifically is that hands will import slower when I go past 4-5 tables in 1.12.09 (they would import slightly slower in 1.12.03 or other previous version, but only at 10+ tables), and hands get "posted" to the HUD after importing slower, sometimes up to 3-4 minutes in between the time they get imported and the update appears on the HUD. I never had this issue in 1.12.03 or any other previous version. My database is certainly quite large and that would be a reasonable explanation, but it doesn't make sense to me given that my HEM has never had this issue in years of using the product. I tried vacuuming the database and purging all hands more than like 9 months old, and it had a small impact on performance, but not a considerable one. I am trying with a fresh database today to see how it impacts performance.

I believe the microgaming MTT issue was fixed, but I never saw it in the patch notes...here is the relevant thread.
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/155661-when-1-12-07-coming.html#post772691

Patvs
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
If you're creating a new database, also update PostgreSQL to 8.4.x and install it to a different port.
PostgreSQL: Welcome (http://www.postgresql.org)

dustyn
01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
The database problems starting fresh no longer exist - I have imported the latest third of my hands to see if things are still good.

Will update to 8.4.x later today.

rmarquez
01-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Im also having issues with the import feature...I even created a new database and import my entire DB (300k hands) and nothing still isnt importing but the hands are there.

Patvs
01-12-2012, 08:42 PM
set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States)

clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

dustyn
01-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the help, Pat. The problems appear to be corrected. I also updated to 8.4 and switched the port, and reimported my database to the last 500k hands or so. Things seem to be running smoothly on all sites I play.

When I updated from 8.3 to 8.4 it removed the old databases on the list. I am assuming there's a few gigabytes of data festering on the hard drive as a result. Any idea which directory it is in or how I can delete the old database from 8.3?

Patvs
01-13-2012, 06:58 PM
The old database is still there.
Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create%7B47%7DDeleteDatabase
(you can delete it in pgadminIII)

If you can't connect to the port anymore, manually delete it by deleting the Program Files/PosgtreSQL/8.3/data folder