PDA

View Full Version : HEM and PT3 DB mix probs

AJG
09-04-2009, 05:01 PM
I used the trial of HEM, but couldnt purchase until today. After the trial ran out, I used PT3 to look at stats and for a HUD.
I have gone through the process of exporting PT3 Hands and importing into HEM, but I am missing about 100 HU SnGs, and a few others still. 1st time it completely mis-imported 1 big tourney (that I Sat'd into) recording it as a complete loss, where as I actually won $210. I fixed this, but cant seem to get the other tourneys that PT3 has recorded, but dont show in HEM.
I think I can collect all the HH and summary files under 1 folder and do a reimport (purge hands doesn't work???), although the HH files moved into the folder I specified when importing only seems to have the summary files, not the actual HH's, but I think I can get them emailed from the poker site (and some I still have from PT3)

I am thinking of wiping the DB clean (of both HEM and PT3 data) by uninstalling and reinstalling postegres. Is this the easiest solution? or is there a way to just delete the HEM DB? THere is an option in PT3 for 'Delete DB' so that is easy done, but HEM doesn't seem so easy.
I want to do this to:
a) To (hopefully) get the missing tourneys
b) Just to clean thing up after mixing HEM and PT3 (delete the PT3 DB :D)

If I do a manual 'Import from Folder' does it automatically parse subfolders?
Will it match tournament HH files with respective summary if they are located in different folder?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: PT3 has ALL the hands I want, so I should be able to just export from there and then import into HEM, but as I said above, a) it misses alot of HU SnGs, and b) it completely mis-imported 1 particular tourney (that I have noticed so far, maybe more), so maybe a full PT3 export, folowed by killing any postgres DBs and start again?

Edit2: Doing a full export from PT3, import into HEM:
PT3 says: 15,274 Hands and 282 tournaments exported.
HEM says: 15,121 Hands imported (14,757 duplicates, 435 errors = 15,192) Results Tab shows: 241 Tourneys, 4 unfinished, 1 unknown buyin.
So HEM is missing 42 tourneys somewhere, mis-importing 5???
Even if I can find the 'incomplete' tourneys, can I manually fix this?

fozzy71
09-04-2009, 05:31 PM
What version of HM did you use while importing these files? Did you get import errors? Did you export the tourney summaries from PT3 also? I believe they have a separate export feature for the summaries, IIRC.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

I just saw this while posting:

Edit2: Doing a full export from PT3, import into HEM:
PT3 says: 15,274 Hands and 282 tournaments exported.
HEM says: 15,121 Hands imported (14,757 duplicates, 435 errors = 15,192) Results Tab shows: 241 Tourneys, 4 unfinished, 1 unknown buyin.
So HEM is missing 42 tourneys somewhere, mis-importing 5???
Even if I can find the 'incomplete' tourneys, can I manually fix this?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

You obviously want to try and import the pt3 exported files again, but you need to rename the folder or move/copy it to a different location, so HM doesn't assume it has parsed them all before. It will go thru the duplicates much faster than it originally parsed them, and should hopefully find the missed hands.

Let me know the results or any questions/problems.

AJG
09-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks Fozzie, I got most of them now, and the few missing arent really worth the bother...
Also another question, I have 2 tourneys listed under 'Incomplete' in the 'Data View' tab. I know the results of these (I won em:D) and have manually edited them, but they still show in the 'Incomplete' tab. Is there someway to move them to the 'Completed' list, or is it because they are misssing hands that they must stay under Incomplete?

PS: Is the 71 in your sceenname refereing to your birth year, cos if it was, well that was a good year to be born ;)

netsrak
09-08-2009, 02:18 PM
64 was a much better year :D

Right click on the tourney entry and then you see an option "Edit tourney finished flag". This toggles the completion