PDA

View Full Version : HM Freezes and freezes my poker clients

theorize
09-04-2009, 04:04 AM
HM seems to be randomly freezing and also freezes my poker clients that I am using it on. I just got froze out of a hand in which a flopped a set in a 3bet pot. Can you provide a suggestion to fix this problem?

I am using HM 1.09 beta 30 and using a windows xp operating system.

netsrak
09-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Could you please try to downgrade to 1.09 Beta 29 to see if it makes a difference?
You find it here: http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11865

jcliff
09-04-2009, 05:11 AM
I have exactly the same problem and it definetly seems hud related.
I can run Hem without the hud and everything works fine, When i run the hud after approx 5-10 hands my poker client and mouse pointer freeze for 5 seconds or so, If i then disable the hud all is ok again.
I have tried all the tweaks from an earlier post but still no success.

The clients are Full tilt and ipoker(mansion),
Windows xp sp3 all updated, Latest drivers, Reinstalled Net.framework 3.5, defragged etc.

System Amd turion 64x2/3gb ram.

Ill try the downgrade too

cheers

jcliff
09-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Just tried a stt on full tilt using beta 29, after 20 hands it begins to lock up the client/mouse pointer again, I turned off table manager/hud and its fine.

Any ideas ??

cheers

netsrak
09-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Please enable logging in the table preferences. After the next freeeze please mail the log file with a link to this thread to mike@holdemmanager.net

Mike chops
09-04-2009, 02:04 PM
I am sorry for the problems. Can you please try the attached build. Hopefully it solves the problem, but if not I have some more logging info that should help me find it.

Replace the hmhud.exe file in the holdem manager folder with this one. Enable logging in the hud options->table prefs menu. If you get a freeze, close the hud and send me the log.txt file from the logs folder. Thanks

mike@holdemmanager.net

Kennell9
10-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm having the exact same issues with the latest version. I'll be playing on FT and randomly HM and FT freeze while the rest of my pc functions normally. Seems to last anywhere from 10-30 seconds. Getting a bit annoying, but haven't been able to find a fix. Any recommendations?

netsrak
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Beta 35?

dauntesucks
10-03-2009, 03:13 AM
I have the same problem. It freezes my whole computer though. Takes a while for it to come back. I cant use it at all when I am playing. Right now only using it to go back and look at hands. I tried everything recommended in this thread. Any other ideas?

fozzy71
10-03-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm having the exact same issues with the latest version. I'll be playing on FT and randomly HM and FT freeze while the rest of my pc functions normally. Seems to last anywhere from 10-30 seconds. Getting a bit annoying, but haven't been able to find a fix. Any recommendations?

What other software do you run at the same time? Table Ninja or Poker ShortCuts? Any other mining or hotkey apps?

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure windows is fully updated and that you have microsoft .net framework 3.5 sp1 installed.

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

of the Table Manager before, during, and/or after the freeze.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

I have the same problem. It freezes my whole computer though. Takes a while for it to come back. I cant use it at all when I am playing. Right now only using it to go back and look at hands. I tried everything recommended in this thread. Any other ideas?

To be honest, there hadn't been many suggestions made by us yet. Try the things I suggested to the poster above and let me know if it helps. If not we may want to do a teamviewer session to se it happen for ourselves.

dauntesucks
10-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Ok, I have done everything and it is still freezing. Any ideas?

fozzy71
10-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Ok, I have done everything and it is still freezing. Any ideas?

Can you try to post a screen shot please? Then I can have the developers and support manager take a look at this thread.

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

of the Table Manager before, during, and/or after the freeze.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file. ........

dauntesucks
10-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Here is the screen shot of it freezing. Whats weird is when I captured the image the pointer was circular and spinning, and the table where i lose my set of 2's was highlighted. This only happens when i have HEM running. When I shut it down, my poker client never freezes. So essentially I cant use it. Need help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 3 times. Have tried all the beta's. Which since then have cause my virus software to go nuts. Awesome

fozzy71
10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Here is the screen shot of it freezing. Whats weird is when I captured the image the pointer was circular and spinning, and the table where i lose my set of 2's was highlighted. This only happens when i have HEM running. When I shut it down, my poker client never freezes. So essentially I cant use it. Need help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 3 times.

Did you use revo uninstaller yet?

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files mentioned earlier.
2) Uninstall HM with www.revouninstaller.com using the Deep setting.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, choose the Select All > Delete buttons to remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
6) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
7) Test if it for a while and see if it work
8) Close down Holdem Manager and rename the current, working \config folder to \config_original. Now copy your \config folder from step 1 and paste it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ fodler, to replace the one you just renamed.
9) Test if it works again for a while
10) If your old config folder causes problems, you can paste the contents of the \config_original folder back in.
11) Now you can import any notes and hud configs.

Have tried all the beta's. Which since then have cause my virus software to go nuts. Awesome

That was a false positive issue last week.

Close HEM and your anti-virus and delete any \xenocode\appliance cache folders and any other possible false positive files.

1. Enable "Show hidden files and folders" under Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View
2. Go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Appl iance Cache and delete every folder you can find in there

If you are on XP, that location is C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local\Application Data\xenocode\appliance cache

Empty your recycle bin.

reboot

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

deathduck
11-13-2009, 09:48 PM
This has been happening to me as well, at first HEM wouldn't work correctly on this vista laptop until I downloaded beta 35, now it works. I have played many hands on it but about once every 3-5k hands i get a long freeze. It's very concerning because it could cost a big pot with how long the freeze can last (up to 90 seconds).

There is nothing to see in a screen shot it's just everything is frozen. One time it didn't unfreeze and finally HEM crashed. Tonight I'll try uninstalling using the method in this thread and try the latest beta. If I get another after this freeze I'll post here again.

Kennell9
11-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Same thing happened to me again. This is giving me fits. I bet it's already cost me around 3-4k in profit. I need to get this figured out ASAP

fozzy71
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Please give us some details. What are your machine specs? What OS? What firewall and anti-virus? What other software do you run while playing poker? Any AHK or hotkey programs? What version of HM?

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

When answering those questions, it may be helpful for you to post a screen shot of your task manager, sorted by CPU or Memory usage, while playing a session.

TakenItEasy
09-19-2010, 04:26 AM
I see this is an old thread but no solution was posted.

I have the same problem with PokerStars Tournament tables. I like to open as many tournament tables as I'm allowed (up to 20 extra) in case I'm moved to one of the opened tables. This way I'll have extra hands in the IHH window to review after moving.

These extra tables don't display stats when checked or unchecked (I don't need them to), Hero is not sitting at the extra tables, table titles don't show "Logged in as Player Name", I uncheck those tables in the table manager.

Still after around 14-15 tables the screen starts having trouble refreshing, even the pointer disappears although you can still hear the table action. With more tables it gets worse until the poker client locks up completely and won't respond to controls. It may take over a minute to unlock without closing tables.

Closing tables 1 at a time will slowly relieve the problems and closing the table manager instantly resolves the problems.

It seems to me that an easy partial solution, at least for this specific situation is for table manager to completely ignore any table that does not have the "Logged in as" in the title bar which is the default when not sitting at the table. If the user want's the table manager to recognize the table, simply typing a character in the chat edit box (no need to send) of the table will log the user onto that table.

I don't play much cash games but I imagine it would be the same but I'm guessing if actually playing at 15+ cash tables the same problems occur.

I'm on Windows XP, 3 Gigs RAM, Pentium 4 3.4GHz
Hold'em + Omaha Manager Professional 1.11.04
Other utilities opened or not don't seem to make much of a difference.

deathduck
09-19-2010, 05:10 AM
I see this is an old thread but no solution was posted.

I have the same problem with PokerStars Tournament tables. I like to open as many tournament tables as I'm allowed (up to 20 extra) in case I'm moved to one of the opened tables. This way I'll have extra hands in the IHH window to review after moving.

These extra tables don't display stats when checked or unchecked (I don't need them to), Hero is not sitting at the extra tables, table titles don't show "Logged in as Player Name", I uncheck those tables in the table manager.

Still after around 14-15 tables the screen starts having trouble refreshing, even the pointer disappears although you can still hear the table action. With more tables it gets worse until the poker client locks up completely and won't respond to controls. It may take over a minute to unlock without closing tables.

Closing tables 1 at a time will slowly relieve the problems and closing the table manager instantly resolves the problems.

It seems to me that an easy partial solution, at least for this specific situation is for table manager to completely ignore any table that does not have the "Logged in as" in the title bar which is the default when not sitting at the table. If the user want's the table manager to recognize the table, simply typing a character in the chat edit box (no need to send) of the table will log the user onto that table.

I don't play much cash games but I imagine it would be the same but I'm guessing if actually playing at 15+ cash tables the same problems occur.

I'm on Windows XP, 3 Gigs RAM, Pentium 4 3.4GHz
Hold'em + Omaha Manager Professional 1.11.04
Other utilities opened or not don't seem to make much of a difference.

The problem we were having is probably related closely to absolute poker and if it's happening on stars you have a different problem.

If it is the same problem your in trouble because AP still freezes even in the current version, although I've noticed it primarily happens when playing on jackpot tables. It's also possible HEM is not responsible for the crashes at all on AP, and it's more between AP and windows 7. Whatever the case, it remains an unsolved problem.

netsrak
09-19-2010, 07:27 AM
@TakenItEasy: do you have live-tracking or prefetch enabled? Can you try with this features disabled? And please try our latest beta http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

@deathduck: please check the same things too

TakenItEasy
09-21-2010, 06:13 PM
@TakenItEasy: do you have live-tracking or prefetch enabled? Can you try with this features disabled? And please try our latest beta http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

@deathduck: please check the same things too

I don't have live tracking enabled as far as I know, 3 check boxes unchecked.

I had prefetch both disabled and enabled at some point but I can't find where to disable it again.

When I tried the 1.11.05 beta, the problem became much worse.

While playing a tournament, it locked up all running software and I needed to do a manual power off of my computer.

After getting the tournament running again, I went back to 1.11.04 but now the table manager doesn't even come up.

I tried to stop/start the auto import and also reload the HUD several times with not effect.

Norton 360 did complain once that the HUD activity was unusual and recommended blocking but I told it to allow the program.

fozzy71
09-21-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't have live tracking enabled as far as I know, 3 check boxes unchecked.

I had prefetch both disabled and enabled at some point but I can't find where to disable it again.

hud options > site options...

When I tried the 1.11.05 beta, the problem became much worse.

While playing a tournament, it locked up all running software and I needed to do a manual power off of my computer.

After getting the tournament running again, I went back to 1.11.04 but now the table manager doesn't even come up.

I tried to stop/start the auto import and also reload the HUD several times with not effect.

Norton 360 did complain once that the HUD activity was unusual and recommended blocking but I told it to allow the program.

Make sure you set exceptions to fully allow hm, hmimport, and hmhud.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+(Firewall)#Norton) 360

Perhaps try one of the other beta versions in the first post of our beta thread - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/35199-1-11-05-beta-14-a.html

If the table manager still wont start try to manually launch it by double-clicking the hmhud.exe file.

Enable logging from the HUD options->Table prefs menu. When the crash happens again, go to the logs\log.txt file and move it to another location before you restart the hud. I want to get the 'crash' log.txt file after you finish playing. If you restart the hud before moving the log.txt file, it is overwritten.

Please email them to support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

TakenItEasy
09-21-2010, 06:50 PM
hud options > site options...

Make sure you set exceptions to fully allow hm, hmimport, and hmhud.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+(Firewall)#Norton) 360

Perhaps try one of the other beta versions in the first post of our beta thread - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/35199-1-11-05-beta-14-a.html

If the table manager still wont start try to manually launch it by double-clicking the hmhud.exe file.

Enable logging from the HUD options->Table prefs menu. When the crash happens again, go to the logs\log.txt file and move it to another location before you restart the hud. I want to get the 'crash' log.txt file after you finish playing. If you restart the hud before moving the log.txt file, it is overwritten.

Please email them to support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

OK, prefetch is off. Posibly turned off after updating? but I think I had turned it off previously.

I now have Norton 360 V 4.2.0.12 set to allow the 4 executables shown in the link above.

Table manager still does not come up.

Clicking on the HMHud.exe also doesn't work.

Does a poker client table need to be running for table manager to open? I don't recall that to be the case. Since I was knocked out of the tournament I had closed the client.

TakenItEasy
09-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Is there a way to do a re-install without losing the DB?

I finally got all of my HHs imported today after a week of adding them a bit at a time to make sure there were no issues, along with many defrags and vacuums along the way.

For now I will try the beta 14 update.

TakenItEasy
09-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Updated to v 1.11.05 Beta 14.

No change. Table manager still won't work.

When I look at the Windows Task Manager, processes tab I can see HMHud.exe appear for a split second before disappearing.

I'm out of ideas.

TakenItEasy
09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
One more idea.

I did run CCleaner registry fix earlier today. Before the HUD did open but froze up my computer.

I don't know if it could be related.

netsrak
09-22-2010, 05:16 AM
Please uninstall HEM using Revo Uninstaller: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

After completion please reboot your computer and download and install the full installer from our homepage. Please make sure that the postgresql option is disabled during the installation.

This will not affect your database

TakenItEasy
09-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Please uninstall HEM using Revo Uninstaller: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

After completion please reboot your computer and download and install the full installer from our homepage. Please make sure that the postgresql option is disabled during the installation.

This will not affect your database

Thanks netsrak,

I think I messed up the registers. After reinstall table manager is working now.

Thanks Fozzy71,

After the reinstall I was able to run around 13 tables from a small tournament without too much trouble so it may have been the prefetch that was slowing everything down. The register issue kept me from checking it before.

I hope to test it more thoroughly tomorrow.

TakenItEasy
09-28-2010, 02:58 AM
I finally had a chance to test the latest HEM HUD, 1.11.05 Beta 16, on 20 tournament tables. Live tracking and prefetch both disabled.

Sadly it still freezes my screen[s] as soon as the table manager opens.

If I close all other windows, most utilities, and put Norton in silent mode, it only improves slightly maybe only freezing 1 of the 2 screens.

I already sent the log file to support.

Could it be a graphics card issue? mine is pretty old:

Display Propertites/Settings shows the graphics card to be RADEON X800 XT, 256 MB. I use 2 27" monitors. 1920 x 1200, 32 bit color, 60 Hz, 96 DPI

Also, a very easy fix would seem to be for Table Manager to ignore any tournament table that is not logged into. Please, could you implement this?

I tried opening 20 cash tables and it seemed to work ok.

BTW, this bug has already cost me pretty big. $55 1R1A, not far from bubble, 2 players went all-in but I had folded AA in the dark!

netsrak
09-28-2010, 06:08 AM
I'll forward this thread to our Hud developer for further help.

pikdor
09-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Hello,

I haven't read through this whole thread, but I am having the same problem. Sometimes when I'm on full tilt with HEM running, my entire desktop and all applications will freeze for a few seconds. This is obviously very annoying.

I cannot predict when it will occur. Sometimes it will happen twice in 5 minutes. Sometimes it won't happen in an entire 3 hour session. I have noticed though that the more tables I am playing, the more likely it seems to occur.

Also, I cannot predict how long the freezes will last. Sometimes 2 seconds and I'm right back in action; sometimes 15-30 second freeze and all of my hands have timed out, and I'm sitting out at most of my tables. This is especially annoying when I have a good hand or am in a big pot and it causes me to fold and lose money!!

Thank you for helping!

Patvs
09-28-2010, 11:59 PM
What sort of computer do you have, CPU, RAM?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

pikdor
09-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Sorry, I forgot to say: I have been using HEM for over a year and this problem is only in the last month...

As for my specs..
I'm using a laptop Hewlett-Packard Model HP G50
Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2
Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
3.00 GB RAM
Windows Experience Index 3.2
TELUS Anti-Virus and Firewall

But this is all the same as last year when there were no problems.

edit: the run as admin box is greyed out, I cannot click on it...

Patvs
09-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Which SQL version are you using?

Can you just completely turn off User Account Control and reboot?

If SQL 8.3---> update to 8.4.4 and reimport all your hands into a new database.
If 8.4 (installed by the HoldemManager installer??)--> update to 8.4.4 using the installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

Manually run a Windows Update, there are no .net framework updates you can install?

pikdor
09-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Can you repeat all that in layman's terms and step by step instructions. Thanks.

Patvs
09-29-2010, 01:56 AM
-1 WIndows--> Control Panel--> User Accounts---> Change User Account Control Settings--> turn it off and reboot

-2 Go to My Computer-->C:\Program Files/PostgreSQL/SQL 8.x
What does the x say? 3 or 4?
If you go to C:\Program Files/PostgreSQL/SQL 8.x/DATA/pg_log
Do you have lots of files in that folder?

-3 Start--> Programs--> Windows Update--> Install ALL updates, so not just critical/recommended updates, but also all the optional updates.

pikdor
09-29-2010, 04:03 PM
My UAC is off already.

SQL is 8.3
There are 926 files in pg_log

Windows Update found 42 files, 555.8 MB... downloading now...

Patvs
09-30-2010, 10:25 PM
After the updates. Reboot---> run another Windows Update--> install the additional updates if it finds new updates.

If that doesn't solve your issue, download SQL 8.4.4 (or 9.0.0) from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org), install it to a different port (5433) and reimport all your hands.

pikdor
10-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Okay so I FINALLY had time to update PSQL and reimport all my hands. I haven't yet tested if it still lags or not. But first I was just wondering if there's any way to get all of my old settings back or do I have to reconfigure everything again?

Oh and by the way, ever since the new Full Tilt patch, CAP games are being recorded as regular games... (yes, I have HEM newest beta 17). Is there going to be a fix for this soon?

Patvs
10-04-2010, 03:18 AM
CAP games will be fixed in the next update.
(instead of "$0.50/$1.00 CAP" Full Tilt now writes "$0.50/$1.00 - $20" to the hands, so we have to fix the code for that)

What old settings?
If you only updated SQL and are now connecting to a different database, all your HoldemManager settings (which are stored in the HoldemManager/config folder) should remain intact.

pikdor
10-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Sorry I got impatient. All of my player preferences are still in tact. However, I did have to setup Hero again, and my bonuses & rakeback are gone. Besides that I haven't noticed anything else missing.

Oh and I have a question about pg_log since you mentioned it earlier. What is this for? Because right now my 8.3 pg_log is 3GB and I'm low on hard drive space. Can I get rid of this now that I have 9.0? Actually, my entire 8.3 folder is 4GB. Can I uninstall it?

Thanks

Patvs
10-04-2010, 10:45 AM
The bonus/rakeback settings are stored inside the database.
So if you switch to a different database (or switch from SQL 8.3--> to 9.0) you'll lose those settings.

Best thing to do: connect to the old database and EXPORT those settings---> IMPORT them in the new database

You can delete the content of the pg_log folder. (don't delete the actual folder, just ALL of its content)

You CAN uninstall SQL 8.3, afterwards also delete the SQL/DATA folder
(the MAIN data folder has the actual database info)

ToTheAir
10-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi all,

I formatted my PC recently and re-installed HEM 1.11.04 with PostgresSQL 8.4. I imported my database (~500K hands), which was fast, but everytime I try to play with HUD my computer slows down to the point where I'm forced to close it, speeding everything back up again. I can import without HUD and it works fine.

My PC specs:

-AMD Athlon II X2 Processor
-Windows 7 Home Premium
-6GB RAM
-ATI Radeon X600 Series (haven't installed driver yet)

I have Archiving enabled but usually I'm left with several HH files sitting in my FTP 'HandHistory' folder after I Auto-Import (though this changed when I lowered the Auto Import Archive Age), with the dialog saying that it hasn't found any new files, with the same thing happening when I try a manual folder import. I currently have all the Full Tilt Import Options unchecked (live hands, pre-fetch, OCR, and redraw). Any help is greatly appreciated.

ToTheAir
10-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I downgraded my HMhud file, changed my Windows theme to Classic, and downloaded the driver for my ATI card and have noticed a marked improvement.

Patvs
10-06-2010, 12:16 AM
read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

TakenItEasy
10-10-2010, 09:58 PM
I still have the same problem of HUD locking up my computer.

This time it locked up with only 3 active trny tables (nearly timed out with a flopped set)

I noticed that the table manager list view refreshes very frequently. I don't see the need for that window to refresh so often. Can they slow down the refresh to 1/60 sec? This may help.

My graphics card is pretty old, Radeon X800 XT. Should I upgrade? Recomendations?

This issue is costing me too much $. Please let me know if there is a fix comming soon.

TakenItEasy
10-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm also planing on buying a new desktop and laptop.

Any recomendations?

morny
10-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+DriverOn)