PDA

View Full Version : How to use Omaha?

Blitz
09-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I upgraded to +omaha today and opened up a table to try it out. The HUD comes up and shows results, so I know hands are being imported. But how do I view it in HEM? When I goto the Cash Games tab it only shows my Holdem hands. Is there a setting I'm missing to go back and forth to view Omaha and HE? (yes i hit "Refresh")

Also I noticed after the 1.09 30a update and adding omaha, hud is not displaying until I sit down and play a hand. No more observed hands shown, on Pokerstars btw.

I also notice that everyone that plays 100PLO is a huge fish.......oh wait, that has nothing to do with you guys. Ok, just an answer to the first 2 issues will be great.

fozzy71
09-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I upgraded to +omaha today and opened up a table to try it out. The HUD comes up and shows results, so I know hands are being imported. But how do I view it in HEM? When I goto the Cash Games tab it only shows my Holdem hands. Is there a setting I'm missing to go back and forth to view Omaha and HE? (yes i hit "Refresh")

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/how2useomaha.png

Also I noticed after the 1.09 30a update and adding omaha, hud is not displaying until I sit down and play a hand. No more observed hands shown, on Pokerstars btw.

Pre-Fetch still works fine for me, and the majority of people, but there have been a few others complaining of the same thing. You can try to downgrade to beta 29 and see if that helps.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11865

Blitz
09-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Will everything still work ok for omaha if I downgrade? And what differences are there in versions? Any to make it worth not having that observed hand?

fozzy71
09-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Will everything still work ok for omaha if I downgrade?

Yes, that is controlled by the new license code that gave you omaha access

And what differences are there in versions? Any to make it worth not having that observed hand?

I don't think so, but you can decide for yourself. I personally have pre-fetch running all the time (and working fine in beta 30a), but I honestly don't use it very much. :p

* (1.09 Beta 29 HUD) Fixed problem where sample sizes would appear in all popups
* (1.09 Beta 29 LEAK BUSTER) Updated Manual and fixed miscellaneous issues

* (1.09 Beta 30 NEW) Party.it tourney hands with Euro buyins now import with proper tourney buyins and winning amounts
* (1.09 Beta 30 BUG) Fixed bug with 7-2 prop bet recent changes.
* (1.09 Beta 30 BUG) Fixed bug where the hands tab in the graphs section would be empty initially. Also changed it to say "Graphed Hands"
* (1.09 Beta 30 NEW) Stars Hyper Turbo tourneys with buyins > $50 now have the appropriate payouts for 1st and 2nd only while smaller buyins payout top 3
* (1.09 Beta 30 LEAK BUSTER) Fixed some issues occurring with lower resolution monitors
* (1.09 Beta 30 HUD) Cereus tables are all lower case to make CereusMining work
* (1.09 Beta 30 HUD) Cereus lobby and instant replay windows are no longer detected as tables
* (1.09 Beta 30 HUD) Full Tilt pre-fetching fixed (wasn't working on some tables)
* (1.09 Beta 30 HUD) Stars pre-fetching fixed a bug and made more efficient.
* (1.09 Beta 30 HUD) Added user definitions for short stack and fish vpip in hud options->table prefs
* (1.09 Beta 30 TABLE SCANNER) added ipoker skins: myBet, CashIsKing, CelebPoker, PokerOcean

* (1.09 Beta 30a HUD) Fixed notes icon not being displayed
* (1.09 Beta 30a HUD) Fixed Ipoker cashier window detected as table

Blitz
09-04-2009, 02:41 AM
How do I downgrade to older version?

netsrak
09-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Reinstall the version you want into the original installation folder.

Blitz
09-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Reinstall the version you want into the original installation folder.

I really appreciate the quick replys and all the help, but that's a little too vauge for a computer idiot like me. Where do I find the proper link for the beta 29? When I do find the link, I just install it like normal right?

Will this prefetch issue be fixed since it seems to be more than just me, but not everyone? Is it due to the Vista 64 (seems to cause lots if issues) or the awesome mods I got from the muppet......you know who you are :)

Thanks for the great service guys.

netsrak
09-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Sorry, i thought you had the older version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.09.29.exe.

Just install it to the original installation path.

fozzy71
09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I really appreciate the quick replys and all the help, but that's a little too vauge for a computer idiot like me. Where do I find the proper link for the beta 29? When I do find the link, I just install it like normal right?

I had linked the beta revision thread in a previous post, but here it is again. Download it, close HM, and install it like every other 'update'. This one is just a 'downdate'. :p

Will this prefetch issue be fixed since it seems to be more than just me, but not everyone? Is it due to the Vista 64 (seems to cause lots if issues)

I don't think we have tried narrowing it down to a 64 bit vista only bug, but that's something else we can check for, so thank you.

or the awesome mods I got from the muppet......you know who you are :)

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/Avatars/fantasy_211.gif

:D

Blitz
09-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Ok tytytyty. Not sure why, but prefetch works fine with beta 29 for me, so I'll stick to that for now. Fozzy mentioned it was only a problem for a few people, but I hope it's enough of a problem that is fixed so I get get future updates.

Thanks again for all the help.