PDA

View Full Version : How to do the cachething later??

Marcelmarcel
07-14-2008, 05:14 AM
When i installed the newest version i said no to the cachething, how can I do it afterwards?

morny
07-14-2008, 06:51 AM
If you dont want to do the caching you have to roll back to the previous release, youll find it in the releases section

alpatters
07-15-2008, 04:02 AM
I chose to remove the day cache, and it told me I can't undo it etc etc.

The question is, can I undo it :-) ?

What am I losing by not using it? is it just the ability to view player stats by month instead of by day? Any other benefits?

morny
07-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Sorry, just to clarify my initial response was about when you first install 1.06 and it does a cache of the whole database which takes several hours.

There is an option to do a daily cache which improves performance and ill find out how you can do this later if you select no as i cant find the option in the menu

Rvg72
07-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi, the daily cache removal added to 1.06.01 only affects one area. If you want to go in the Players Tab and see all players stats between say June 4th and June 7th then after the daily cache is dropped you can't do that. You still can see "All Of June" or "April 2008 to June 2008" etc so for just about everyone I would suggest you let it delete it.

if you skip this then wait for 1.06.02 and I will provide a way to drop it afterwards. Until then keeping it won't do much harm besides lowering your import speeds a bit.

Roy

Cusem
11-01-2008, 06:24 AM
When i got the question about selecting players for the playercache, I did select my individual ID's for each site, but forgot to select the alias i created.

i however do use the alias way more as the individual player names in the manager.

Does my "not selecting the alias" affect performance when only using the alias?

How can I add playernames to the player cache? Like if I start to play on another site and want to add it?

fabio
11-01-2008, 07:37 AM
It will get added automatically