PDA

View Full Version : big problem with postgresql

dalle jas
09-03-2009, 07:38 PM
hi,i was installing postgresql 8.3,but i couldnīt finish the instalation because of something failed,i donīt know what..the problem is that i cannot remember the sign they gave me..and i tried to unistall the programm but i couldnnīt coz itīs not installed..but if i try to sign in again with another sign or userīs name..it says " user postgres coul not be create .the user account already exist",and i canīt finish the instalation..i donīt know what can i do?anyone could help me please?thanks!

dalle jas
09-03-2009, 08:26 PM
well..i have more problems...i let postgresql choose a password..i have this password but i canīt write one simbol with my laptop..the password is too long..it was a mistake i didnīt realize abou it..pfff,how can i change it?can i do anything to start it again?

fozzy71
09-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Try to remove the password requirement entirely.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Configuration Files > Edit pg_hba.conf

The file should open with Notepad

Scroll to the bottom where you will see this code

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

You need to change the first 'md5' to 'trust', like this

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

Save, and close the file.

Click: Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload configuration

If that doesn't work, you will probably need to do a reinstall of postgresql and pay close attention to the instructions and make sure you write down any user names and passwords to be sure.

Vista: Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Turn off Windows Firewall for installing HM and PostgreSQL. Once you get those installed you can add exceptions to the firewall. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) install PostgreSQL again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall, using these directions and postgresql.zip version. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176

dalle jas
09-04-2009, 06:46 AM
hi,thank you,but i canīt find postgresql in my windows control panel,coz itīs not there,actually is not in anywhere,because i could not finish the installation,besides i canīt open it or start it because i donīt find the file,i just have one file:short cut to holdem manager.exe,as i open it i see the database control panel and i click on the following link "postgresql install instructions" i download the set up package and i unzip it,then i can see postgresql-8.3 and postgresql-8.3-int ,so i click on the first one,and after click on some "next",and i see" service configuration,with a service name,an account name and a domain name,i write the password and i see "initialize database cluster,i also write the password,then a few "next" and "installing" and while itīs creating account it says users "postgres" could not be created.the user account already exists.!and then copying new files : rolling back action,fatal error.Well..i donīt find when i canīt start it..pfff..this postgresql gets me exasperated...thank you

netsrak
09-04-2009, 07:04 AM
2) manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >

4) reboot.

Please follow this before you try again.

dalle jas
09-04-2009, 07:50 AM
ok,iīm trying it,but thereīs no postgresql in my windows control panel,just HM in there,so how can i unistall it manually if i donīt have it?thank you

netsrak
09-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Step 2) means to use your Windows Explorer to navigate to the given folder (or a similar one) and delete the files

dalle jas
09-04-2009, 11:09 AM
ok,i already delete all the files with postgresql name..but i donīt know how to run the command,where have i to run it?thank you

fozzy71
09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
ok,i already delete all the files with postgresql name..but i donīt know how to run the command,where have i to run it?thank you

The exact way it was described in the quote.

3) run the command - start > run > cmd

Start Menu > Run

Type:

'cmd'

No quote marks

Hit enter

Now type or paste the code from the code box into the command window.

Hit Enter again.

It should say 'command completed successfully'.

dalle jas
09-04-2009, 03:20 PM
hi,ok,i did it,even i uninstall my antivirus and windows firewall too,i did it again i use postgrespass as password too..and at the same point i get this error:
" internal account look up failure.impossible to execute any assignment between the accounts names and the security identificators (more or less coz it was written in spanish),what should i do now?i donīt know anything about pcīs iīm really bad with this,could u help by "remote control" or somtehing like that?ppffff two days trying to play some good poker and i canīt :( ...i just wanna play!thank you

netsrak
09-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.

fozzy71
09-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.

fabio probably will not have time before his vacation to schedule you a support session. Hopefully I can fix this bug. :-\

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.

dalle jas
09-05-2009, 10:17 PM
oki fozzy,so could u support me this sunday 6,at 22 oīclock Central Europe ? thank u!!

fozzy71
09-06-2009, 01:40 AM
oki fozzy,so could u support me this sunday 6,at 22 oīclock Central Europe ? thank u!!

Yes, I have you scheduled for that time. That is 16:00 EST for me.

dalle jas
09-06-2009, 06:26 AM
ok,great!thank u