PDA

View Full Version : holdem manager behind proxy

bkolar
09-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I have a problem to let holdem run behind proxy. It requires licencing everytime it,s started and can not get where it needs to reach, on internet. When I disable proxy it goes fine and sucseed to aprove licence.
I tried to hunt for its internet destination, that is, target server via access logs on my proxy server application (as I regularly do for all other applications with no problem), but it seams as there is no entry for holdem manager.
Can anyone tell me what do I need to set for holdem manager to go through proxy or bypass proxy in order to work?

Thanks

fozzy71
09-03-2009, 06:25 PM
I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Rvg72
09-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I have a problem to let holdem run behind proxy. It requires licencing everytime it,s started and can not get where it needs to reach, on internet. When I disable proxy it goes fine and sucseed to aprove licence.
I tried to hunt for its internet destination, that is, target server via access logs on my proxy server application (as I regularly do for all other applications with no problem), but it seams as there is no entry for holdem manager.
Can anyone tell me what do I need to set for holdem manager to go through proxy or bypass proxy in order to work?

Thanks

Hi, on the registration form you should be able to Press Ctrl-F7 and then see a form that lets you enter your proxy details.

If that does not work then you will probably need to disable the proxy whenever HM requires you re-authenticate.

Roy

bkolar
09-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Thank you Roy, I shell try this

bkolar
09-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Thank you for this direction RVG 72,
I solved this problem in a different way. Just for a case that someone else has problem like this I would like to summarize this.
When holdem is behind proxy (like on our network), it behaves unlike any other application. For all other applications, I simply catched destination addresses in a proxy log file and set IE to bypass these addresses.
From reason I can not understand, Holdem Manager detects proxy and stops there, not being able to authenticate on internet, and I can see (many times tried) no address it is looking for in logs.
I solved this by opening dedicated proxy port for Holdem where where all adresses goes through and telling holdem when it popup message that it can not authenticate (it offers field to enter proxy server address) where to go.

Thanks,

Branislav