PDA

View Full Version : HUD crashes several times

LeCopain
09-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi,
Never had issues with my HUD but since today I have.

It started during a session I played after I did some 'maintenance':

I Vacuum Analyzed and Reindexed my database today (editted the postgresql.conf file to increase max_fsm_pages to 955800 instead of 205000)

I upgraded from 1.09.27 to 1.09.30a

I use windows 7 RC
Playing iPoker 6max ring games

The crash was resolved after closing HUD in task manager and relaunching it. A HUD crash freezes the PC, feels like an endless loop.

netsrak
09-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Some users have problems with Beta 30a.

Please try Beta 29 from this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11865

djfl
09-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Does beta29 work better with Cereus than the previous betas? Kuz the beta that fixed the FTP software change messed up Cereus as you know. Anyway, I recently downloaded beta30 and it works great with Cereus...until it crashes in the middle of a hand. I wish I had a screenshot, but I was JUST involved in approx $1200 worth of pots at once while holding big hands and the HUD crashed. This caused my FTP, Cereus, and Party programs to all "not respond" at once...resulting in my losing all three pots.

In one I had a monster wrap in position and was donked into, in the other I had just 3bet w AAxxss, in another KQJT on a 9TJ board and donked into again. All simultaneous...and HM hud crashed. I couldn't close the hud, so I closed HEM. This did not close the hud. By the time I got task manager open and found the hem hud process, I'd timed out of and lost all 3 hands. I'm sure you can understand not only my frustration, but my large amount of money lost solely because of this program that doesn't seem to be able to put out something more stable than Charles Manson.

Please forgive my annoyance, but I'm sure HEM won't be refunding my $1200...or possible equity equivalent...anytime soon and I'm finding this all totally unacceptable. I have a brand new computer and keep it in tip top shape so that nothing happens to cost me even a little bit of money. HEM just cost me $1200...adjust for equity as you will. I just want a program that works. That's all. That's why I left PTO and PAH in the first place.

Anyway, please advise me which beta I should be using and when we can expect these bugs to be fixed. It's been going on for freaking MONTHS now and this is getting pretty unforgiveable.

I run Vista 64bit with UAC disabled, 4GB processor, 500GB hard drive. If you'd like more information, I'll be watching this thread.

Thanks.

djfl
09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I've figured out the secret to using the hud successfully. I now keep Task Manager open at all times and the hmhud process selected. When the program freezes, I can insta-end the process and restart it. It's not really a "fix" obviously and it's pretty cheesy, but it works. Hope this info helps others who have an unstable hud that freezes all the poker clients.

Mike chops
09-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Thank you for the report and I am sorry about the problems. I had tested 30a a lot before we released it and had no freezes here.

I made another build, with hopefully a fix and more logging info. You need to replace the hmhud.exe file in the holdem manager folder with this file. Please go to hud options->table prefs and enable logging. If you have a crash please email me the log.txt file from the logs folder.

djfl
09-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks Mike.

I've updated HEM and the hmhud.exe file as you requested. I've also enabled logging and will let you know in this thread if I have any more problems.

Thanks for the quick response.

djfl
09-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Well, hmhud froze again and caused my poker clients to become unresponsive. I wasn't playing at the time fortunately. I have a screenshot of a Cereus table being whited out eg unresponsive and my taskmanager open showing the hmhud process taking up 25% CPU. It usually uses around 1%. The log file is too big to upload here.

I look forward to your response.

fozzy71
09-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Roy is working to get beta 30b uploaded as I type this. It is primarily HUD Bug/Crash fixes. Keep an eye on the Releases forum for the thread title to change from beta 30a to 30b.

Mike chops
09-06-2009, 07:03 PM
People with freezes can you try switching off live tracking if you are using it on Cereus or Ipoker? I'd like to know if it still crashes for you.

djfl
09-07-2009, 02:46 PM
how do I switch off live tracking? I haven't used too many features in hem as it keeps freezing.

Mike chops
09-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Hud options->site options. Live tracking is the first checkbox.

Mike chops
09-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Sorry about the continuing problems. I played over 1,000 hands on Ipoker and haven't seen the problem. I rolled back some changes in this build. If you could give me feedback on it I would be grateful.

djfl
09-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I've disabled live tracking on all sites and switched out the hmhud program. I'll let you know if/when it crashes when I play next. Thanks for the update.

djfl
09-08-2009, 12:28 AM
no freezes yet after a half hour, but a weird thing that I noticed with the other hud as well. At a fullring table at Cereus...usually when it's not quite full, the hud will display random players in random places. Like, players who aren't even at the table. I'm not sure if it's picking up info from some other table, but ya...it's usually only 3 people displayed and they're all wrong. Anyway, it does this, then switches to displaying properly, then switches back.

I have screenshots of the table in question displaying both properly and improperly, but don't want to post them here. If you'd like to see them, do you have an email addy I could use?

djfl
09-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Also, most of the players names are all preceded by "Y" with an umlaut over it. That german 2dots that goes over some letters. I have no idea what it means.

djfl
09-08-2009, 06:34 PM
well, no freezing in almost 24hrs which is really good. it was doing it every half hour or so.

There are still the issues of the players names being preceded by "Y, umlaut" and fwiw the ultimatebet client is still showing up in table manager. I've never had a version of hemhud that didn't have this issue. It's not major, but thought I'd let you know.

Thanks again.

aylaoutinen
09-23-2009, 07:10 AM
I can't get the hud work after I reinstalled the XP. When I start the auto-import, table manager and hud starts up as usual, but as soon as I open a table from Eurobet lobby the hud "performs illegal operation and needs to be closed". I don't even have to sit down to the table, opening it is enough to crash the hud. I've tried versions 1.09.30b and 1.09.30aa.

netsrak
09-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Please try with the latest Beta 34 from the link in my signature.

aylaoutinen
09-24-2009, 08:55 AM
That worked fine! Thanks