PDA

View Full Version : HEM problems..

BYLIA
01-03-2012, 02:32 AM
So I opened a bunch of cash tables and I had to manually find each table in the table finder, that was problem number one.

Secondly, for some reason the hands werent going to the database anymore (HEM was working fine for a long time prior to this).. so my hand sample size was 0 on everybody even after hands.

I upgraded HM1 to the latest one and imported the database and everything was working fine.. then my computer actually just crashed to something unrelated, now I am trying to open DB Control panel (as admin).. I press connect and I get error message " A connection to PostfreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?" That doesnt work either.

Any help?

Thanks

netsrak
01-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Solutions:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

BYLIA
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
So it seems to be ok now.. I still have a couple problems.

First being how do I open cash tables and not have to manually find each on in the "Table finder"

And my biggest problem now is when I reopen holdem manager and open database control panel, I have to create a new database and then wait 45mins - 1 hour for entire database to import. I see my old one but it wont let me click "start holdem manager"

BYLIA
01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I now see that when I click set as default database that it worked. I apologize.
Thanks

BYLIA
01-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Ok so basically when I make my database and start holdem manager I get "The following error occurred when trying to open the databse: FATAL: 3D000: database "Alex ***DEFAULT DATABASE *** does not exist.. it then brings me back to the database control panel again.

netsrak
01-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Are you sure Alex is the correct database in HM1 format?
Please run pgadmin from your windows start menu, connect to your postgresql server and check which databases exist.

BYLIA
01-08-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't understand what to look for in there once connected to my postgre server, I see nothing..

I just reinstalled my computer pretty much so Installed holdemmanager from scratch yesterday.. still basically the same problem. I open Database control panel as adminsitrator, click connect and it connects fine always, now when I click on my database i created I have to set it as default and only then can I click start holdem manager. I then click it and it says "the following error occurred when trying to open the database: FATAL: 3D000 database "ALEX" *** DEFAULT DATABASE *** does not exist

BYLIA
01-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I now clicked on the other one called "holdemmanager" , clicked on set as default and it brought me into holdemmanager and i am importing all my hands, ( did not back up a database). but when I close holdemmanager and come in the next time it will be the same problem

Patvs
01-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.hold emmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

---

You had to run the TableFinder on each table: on which site are you playing?

BYLIA
01-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Will get the first details for you.

in terms of table finder question, I am playing on pokerstars

netsrak
01-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Every time you start Holdemmanager you have the database problem?
I think there is something wrong with your installation: Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Patvs
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Also you don't need TableFinder on PokerStars:
Set the PokerStars lobby language in English. And update to 1.12.09

And if the handhistories are succesfully saved and imported, you don't need TableFinder.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/poker-stars-setup.jpg

It should all work automatically for real-money tables.