PDA

View Full Version : early/middle positions variability headache

sl4v3
09-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Working in the filters dialog, I really wished the software had been designed not using the terms "early" and "middle" position (instead I prefer the more precise "positions off the button"). Since the terms "early" and "middle" position are variable based on the number of players at the table, it makes things very difficult to work with for those of us that play both short-handed and full-ring games.

For example, if I want to answer the following question: "is 33 profitable for me to play in the cutoff when the player 2 positions off the button open-raises?"

As far as I can tell, the only way to answer this is to filter for "between 5 and 6" players, select "1 raiser" and select the position of first raiser as "middle position". This seems to get exactly what I want, but it ignores all hands where I've encountered the exact same situation in games with 7+ players. Is there any way to work around this so I can answer the same question but include all hands with 5+ players?

Thanks.

fozzy71
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Rvg72
09-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi, the closest you could do is just choose the raise coming from middle position. For 5 - 7 handed games this will give you what you want and for 8 and 9 handed it will include one additional spot away from the button and 10 handed will include two additional spots. Not exactly what you wanted but hopefully reasonably close

Roy