PDA

View Full Version : My W$SD% (Won $ at showdown) is too high?

Purevital
09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I am a bit confused when looking at this stat.

Leak buster advice says:

Your current won dollars at showdown is too high. This means you are folding a few too many winners on the river... etc

If I am winning more than the average % of hands at a showdown, why am I being told that im folding even more winners?

Leak Buster Support
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I am a bit confused when looking at this stat.

Leak buster advice says:

If I am winning more than the average % of hands at a showdown, why am I being told that im folding even more winners?

When this number gets too high, it's an indicator that you're not taking as many hands to showdown as you should. EX: If you're folding when you are getting 2:1 odds on the river, but you expect to lose about 28% of the time when you make this call, then you are going to push up the percentage of your W$SD%, because you're missing some +EV calls.

BubbleBoy
09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
it's really not that easy with the won$@sd. If you play exploitative by bluffing a lot of rivers your numbers will drop <50. If you play exploitative by tightening up vs loose donks your w@sd will go >50.

You need to asses the sort of villains your are facing to give off a decent analysis for this number.

However >55% is likely a leak even vs donks

omaha
11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
It is also the runing good/running bad scenario.

If i check out just a days play of 2k hands, it may be from 25-75%, just on variance alone.

So, i think you need a huuuuuge amount of hands for it to be a really reliable stat, more so than just vpip/pfr for example