PDA

View Full Version : Start manually PostgreSQL

theperni
09-02-2009, 05:40 AM
On my PC, I installed PT3 and PostgreSQL; now I switched to HM and installed HM without PostgreSQL.
When I open PT3, PostgreSQL start automatically; when I open HM, I have to start PostgreSQL manually.

There's a way to modify same regkey to indicate to HM where's located PostgreSQL? (on my PC, partition D: ).

I think it's related: I'm not albe tu use the "Vacuum Analyze Database" feature, I do this manually through pgadmin.

netsrak
09-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Postgresql is a windows service which should be started automatically by the system, this has nothing to do with PT3 or HM.

Your explanation would only make sense when you have to different Postgresql versions installed? Please check your windows services. How many postgresql servers do you see in pgadmin?

The vacuum problem has nothing to do with this, its just a common small problem which will hopefully be fixed once.

theperni
09-02-2009, 08:16 AM
I have only PostgreSQL 8.3; In the windows services I switched PostgreSQL to "manually" startup type; when I click on PT3 icon, PostgreSQL start automatically; when I click on HM icon I receive the standard message "The following error occured when trying to open databse: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'." because the service is not running.

But that's not a big problem :) , before I start PostgreSQL then HM.

fozzy71
09-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I have only PostgreSQL 8.3; In the windows services I switched PostgreSQL to "manually" startup type; ....

Set it to Automatic