PDA

View Full Version : HUD stops updating after a few hands

bonus_mop
09-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Problem: The HUD seems to function correctly for a few hands, after which it stops updating. This limit was 6 hands last night, and 8 tonight. I've verified that hands are being correctly imported into the HM database, the HUD simply stops updating. If I go to a new table, things work again for a few more hands then stop.

Version: v.1.08.04 (Trial; this isn't some sort of intentional limitation is it?)
Site: Full Tilt

I don't have UAC disabled. In fact I'm not even running under an admin account, but I have to imagine that since hands are imported correctly this isn't the issue. Installations were all done from an Admin account and hand histories are stored somewhere to which I have read/write permissions. This isn't something I'm willing to change, so if UAC really is an issue at this point I guess that answers my question about whether or not to purchase. :)

netsrak
09-02-2009, 03:20 AM
Please make sure you have the 1.09 beta 30a patch from the link in my signature.

If that doesn't help, or you need help for any reason, please let us know.

fozzy71
09-02-2009, 08:39 AM
If you leave UAC turned on you need to give all of your poker, postgresql, and HM files administrator rights.

UAC is for people who don't know how to protect their computer themselves. It will be the first thing I turn off when I get a Vista or W7 machine. ;)

bonus_mop
09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Please make sure you have the 1.09 beta 30a patch from the link in my signature.

This seems to have done the trick, thanks! I only had time to run this up to 20 hands or so, but it kept going the whole time with a couple tables open.

UAC is for people who don't know how to protect their computer themselves. It will be the first thing I turn off when I get a Vista or W7 machine.

Ack, no! :)

Unless you're writing your own binary patches for Windows. You're vulnerable to 0-day exploits even if you know what you're doing. My advice is that nobody runs as admin in the first place. That way if you are attacked, malicious code cannot run with Admin permissions (unless the exploit is paired with an escalation of priviledges, of course, but at least you've seriously raised the bar; probably to the point where nobody will bother with you). If you have to run as admin for some reason, don't disable UAC! It's telling you when something is trying to read/write sensitive information -- you want to know this! If you're just a regular user, there is no UAC; you have to run-as administrator if you want to install something or change system settings (a very good thing).

HM is working for me from a user account with no special permissions. You should nail this scenario down and encourage people to do this. :)

Ok, off my soapbox now and back to the poker tables.

WarrenD
09-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey I jsut DL'd the small stakes version tonight - it's 1.08.04. Is this the most up-to-date version for small stakes?

EDIT: K. I'm up-to-date and will read over the links in your signature, Fozzy.

K, cool.