PDA

View Full Version : It just doesnt start anymore

Skyward
08-31-2008, 09:56 PM
From nothing, and for the second time after 1 week of use, it has stopped working.
First i get the message:
"The following error ocurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'.
then it opens a tab telling me 3 steps for holdem manager to work well (which ive always been doing), then it open the database control panel and when i try to connect I get the message:
"A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"
I say yes, then:
"Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again" or
"Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to start the service."

So its the second time straight that it happens. The first time after 1 week it just happened, i reinstalled postgreSQL and holdem manager, lost my database and it worked again. Now the same thing happened again.

morny
09-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Please try this FAQ: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=153

Skyward
09-01-2008, 09:39 AM
ok i tried everything on this faq and it still doesnt work.

morny
09-01-2008, 12:46 PM
This is a problem some people have been experiencing where PostgreSQL is having trouble connecting. Weve done alot of searching for fixes and either disabling firewalls or antivirsu programs or the fix i gave in the above link seem to work for alot of people but not for some.

I would suggesting posting on the postgreSQL forums and seeing if their experts have any ideas and if you do find an alternative solution to let us know so we can add that to the FAQs.