PDA

View Full Version : HUD causes lag unless table manager is closed and restarted

R_Andersen
08-31-2009, 01:41 PM
I had been playing mainly on FT previosuly and never had any HUD problems. Now I have switched over to playing cash games on Pokerstars.

When I launch the HUD it works fine until I start to open more than 8 or so tables. Once I get a lot of tables open, the HUD starts to cause really bad lag when switching between tables. If I manually exit the table manager and then relaunch teh HUD it will clear up the lag and work fine with over 20 tables.

I'm runnign the latest HEM beta on WinXP.

I'm wondering why I need to relaunch the HUD after I open more than 8-10 tables for it to run smoothly? Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks,
Rob

Mike chops
08-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Can you try playing without the pre-fetching? Hud options->site options->poker Stars.

R_Andersen
08-31-2009, 02:10 PM
I't already disabled. I've never enabled that feature.

-Rob

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

I would suggest you do the majority of the things in this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11194

Some of the most important things, imo:

- Remove the WinnerName, WinnerCards and WinnerWon from the Hands View Column Selector
- Turning off logging and deleting existing logs
- Vacuum/Full/Analyze, then Reindex - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163
- SQL Tuning Wizard - see below*
- Defrag last and make sure you stop the postgresql service before you defrag. I personally use Defraggler.
- Do a Cold Boot (Shut Down > Start) before you use HM again

*SQL Tuning:

1)Go to Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 and look for Application Stack Builder.

Steps 2 - 7 are obsolete and unnecessary.

8) At the end of the installation, launch the Application Stack Builder.
9) Select your PostgreSQL Database Server and click Next.
10) Expand AddOns and select EnterpriseDB Tuning Wizard.
11) Download the tuning wizard by selecting your country and continuing.
12) Continue through the end of installation and launch the EnterpriseDB Tuning Wizard.
13) Select your PostgreSQL Database server and click Next.
14) Under Server Utilization, select Mixed and click Next.
15) Continue through the installation of the tuning wizard.

PostgreSQL memory usage has now been configured specifically for your computer's specifications and performance should be improved.

R_Andersen
08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Fozzy,

Thanks for the info.

I've actually done all of that. The computer I'm using was recently re-formated and it's a fresh isntall of everything. When I installed postgresql and HEM I did all the SQL tuning and set up the HEM options.

Once I restart the HUD after getting my usual 16-20 tables open, everything works fine. It only lags until I do the restart and then I can play fine for hours after that.

-Rob

R_Andersen
09-01-2009, 08:04 AM
I played around some more last night and it looks liek it also has something to do with TableNinja which I use. If I start HEM and TN and then start opening tables, once the lag starts around 10 tables, closing tableninja also clears it up. It's odd that restarting the HUD or closing TN both clear up the lag.

Is there something that could be conflicting between the two programs?

-Rob

Mike chops
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks. I'll look into it.

R_Andersen
09-02-2009, 07:54 AM
To add to this, I found that if I diasable the colored table frames in TableNinja, I never have the lag problem and can play 24 tables perfectly fine. It's obviously something with TN adding the frames that conflicts with the HEM HUD causing the lag.

Thanks,
Rob

I played around some more last night and it looks liek it also has something to do with TableNinja which I use. If I start HEM and TN and then start opening tables, once the lag starts around 10 tables, closing tableninja also clears it up. It's odd that restarting the HUD or closing TN both clear up the lag.

Is there something that could be conflicting between the two programs?

-Rob

fozzy71
09-02-2009, 08:25 AM
To add to this, I found that if I diasable the colored table frames in TableNinja, I never have the lag problem and can play 24 tables perfectly fine. It's obviously something with TN adding the frames that conflicts with the HEM HUD causing the lag.

Thanks,
Rob

Those frames are the first thing that Tarath suggests you turn off in Table Ninja if you are experiencing lag. The lag you experienced was the cause of TN, not HM.

R_Andersen
09-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Those frames are the first thing that Tarath suggests you turn off in Table Ninja if you are experiencing lag. The lag you experienced was the cause of TN, not HM.

I understand the frames are known to cause lag with TN but the lag goes away if I close the HED so there must still be some sort of conflict. It's no big deal though since I don't mind having the frames off.

-Rob

fozzy71
09-02-2009, 08:42 AM
OK, thanx for the additional info.