PDA

View Full Version : Hi, i dont know what im doing

tolucafan
08-31-2009, 01:30 PM
for a while now ive been reading about forums about how great this and stuff like pokertracker is. i wanted to have it but i just didnt know how to go about installing it. i am a moran with computers so i dont know all the lingo that it tells me to do in the instructions.

i am stuck on step 2 of downloading postgreSQL. i dont know what that means tbh :(

STEP 2 - Unzip the contents of the zip file on to your desktop and then double click on postgresql-8.3.msi to begin the installation.

and i have a folder opened with the following:

postgresql-8.3
postgresql-8.3-int
README
SETUP
UPPGRADE
vcredist_x86

what am i suppose to click on? please help me :(

thank you

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 02:31 PM
If you only double clicked the postgresql.zip download, you only opened it up in a preview window of sorts.

- Right-Click > Extract All to your postgresql.zip file.
- That should create a new folder with the contents, which should allow the setup to run properly.
- If you have any issues with the windows not having an Extract menu under Right-Click, try www.7zip.org.

The reason you dont see the .msi is because windows hides 'known file extensions' by default.

http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/

tolucafan
08-31-2009, 03:56 PM
thanks a ton fuzzy. i got it all ready to go but i just dont know where to start. is there some kind of video or instruction guide to help me go through Holdem Manager. thanks again

tolucafan
08-31-2009, 04:28 PM
never mind fozzy, i found it.

thanks for the help