PDA

View Full Version : Get an error every time i try to purge hands

domino66
08-31-2008, 02:52 PM
It tells me an unhandled exception has occurred...i pressed "Continue" anyway, and now it's 'thinking' as it purges...hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Speaking of which, though, why DOES it take so long to purge hands?? This time, i told it to just purge hands between 4 days ago and today (there can't be more than 500 hands from these 4 days), and it's STILL been like 15 mins! (you might remember i wrote a post about purging delays before as well...any reason why v v v simply purges like this one take so long?)

morny
08-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Some people myself included get a timeout error when purging even a small amount of hands, while other people can import large amounts of hands without problems. Havent figured out whats causing it yet though but Roy still looking into it

domino66
08-31-2008, 03:06 PM
well, it's been like 30 mins now, trying to purge less than 500 hands, so i'd say this should def be a priority to fix lol!

EDIT update: been over 90 minutes now (remember, to purge < 500 hands...)

morny
08-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah the way i do it is go to Hands TAB and click last 500 files and right click and choose delete all files, a pain but the only alternative while we work on finding a fix

domino66
08-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Does the method u just described above actually purge all of the underlying data from the DB too? Or just delete the data so u can't see it?

morny
08-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Sorry, yeah it completely deletes it. If your just want to purge and keep the actual stats then youll need to wait for the fix

domino66
08-31-2008, 05:32 PM
No - good, that's what i want >> i want it COMPLETELY purged/deleted so that it doesn't exist; e.g. like i never imported it in the first place.

(I guess that begs the question: i thought that's what the "Purge Hands" window did...but your last reply make it seems like i'm not actually getting rid of the HHs like i thought i was via this Purge option)

p.s. 2 hours 45mins and counting ;)

morny
08-31-2008, 05:40 PM
There is 2 options, there explained in the FAQ:

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=107

http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=152

Its likely just to give you a timeout error after a while, i would advise to kill HM except that might possibly corrupt the database but its what i did when i had the same problem

domino66
08-31-2008, 07:35 PM
K, just FYI, it's now been over 5 hours since i asked it to purge 3-days of HHs (fewer than 500 HHs), and it's STILL not done.

I don't know much/anything about coding/programming, but it would seem like this must be an absolutely huge bug/glitch...e.g. i guess what i'm asking is: are you aware of just *what* the problem is? 5+ hours to purge 500 HHs is something that, like i said -- while i know nothing about programming -- it would be hard to NOT see what's causing this...it's that bad.

Anyway, I know my point is made, so i'll let u guys get to work on fixing it.

(By the way, I'm thinking of ctrl-alt-delete killing the HEM process, b/c it's more or less reduced the rest of my computer functioning to crawling along...but could that corrupt my entire HEM database? It took me nearly a week to import the 10M+ hands in there and i don't want to risk corrupting it...)

EDIT: I woke up this morning, nearly 24 hours after i set the purge process going, and it was still not done (or had crashed). EIther way, i ctrl-alt-del killed the process, and hope i didn't corrupt my massive DB by doing so.