PDA

View Full Version : Note file setting

waree
12-28-2011, 02:51 PM
I have two xml notes files in my Pokerstars folder, "notes.xml" and "notes.screenname.xml" which one should I pick in the color settings tab of NC ?

Also I play on Winamax.fr but I don't know if NC consider that room still beeing part of Ongame ? There were part of Ongame network before but not now (they became independant). I can't find the notes file location, it isn't in the HH folder. Any idea where I can find it ?

waree
12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
I lauched HEM2 with NoteCaddy enabled and opened a tournament table on pokerstars.fr it was a true disaster... When launching the HUD both CPU and RAM were at max, the table wasn't responding and table windows became all black... No general crash but not able to play like that.

PC Seven 64bits and Postgres 9.1 64bits.

[In comparaison after that I launched both PT3 (psql 8.3) and PT4 (psql 9.1 64bits) at the same time (just to see what will happend) I had no problems at all even with both HUDs enabled (useless I know), RAM was at ~65% of 4Go and CPU ran normal...]

sreticentv
12-28-2011, 06:52 PM
winamax isn't ongame afaik. You don't need to do anything with the winamax notes file and I'm not sure where it would be. The stars file you need is the one with the screenname. Do you get the problems opening tables only with NC enabled or does it still happen if NC is shut off via hud settings? Does it happen every time or just once?

waree
12-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I have NC since today only before that HEM2 was running with too much CPU & RAM used but I was able to play. Will try tomorrow again.

waree
12-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Looks like it's okay today altought I played on winamax only.
Maybe it was processing my DB at the same time because I installed NC yesterday ?

sreticentv
12-29-2011, 02:32 PM
yeah maybe but unless you maxed out the threads it shouldn't have used enough resources to cause problems like that. So I guess the question is, did you change the thread count?

waree
12-29-2011, 06:56 PM
No didn't changed it (was waiting for your reply on the other forum thread about CPU), but I changed windows power management in my control panel (not sure how it is called in english), it was set on "normal use " and I changed it at "higher performance". Maybe it's not because of this but it's the only thing I changed since yesterday.

I have another question : I have 3 different screenname for the 3 poker rooms where I play, how can I tell NC to not procesing hero hands ? I have just to unthick "add note for hero" and it will detect that I'm hero for each site ?

nilaynilay
12-30-2011, 02:08 AM
Hero is the guy with hole cards face up so yes NC should auto detect hero for all 3 sites

waree
12-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Yesterday I had problems again, I'm not sure what caused that... I was playing on winamax.fr, in the beggining it was ok but after 1hour or 1h30 it started to use too much Ram and CPU, it was lagging, tables became black from time to time and when it was my turn to act button wasn't responding. I had to stop the HUD to be able to play again, if I tried to restart the HUD it was messing with me again...
How to know if it's because NC or if it's just HEM HUD consuming too much ressources ?

nilaynilay
12-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Some personal tips when u play on sites like winamax.

Always start your session by rebooting your pc

never play longer than 2 hrs if poss an d reboot again

defrag your hd and do maintenance on your database weekly.

Another thing when you launch HM2 it will first process any pending hands which NC doesnt have notes on. pls see if this is happening. if you start playing while this process is going on it will likely put too great a strain.

reg disabling nc see below

http://i41.tinypic.com/2lktkir.png