PDA

View Full Version : Important filtering issue (and other misc Qs)

domino66
08-31-2008, 01:53 PM
This is a pretty important issue I just discovered. In the HUD Options...Add'l Hud Filters window, it does not let me tell it that i ONLY want it to use HHs with 5 or more players even for HU or really shorthanded games. I was pretty surprised to find that when i go to the drop-down menu for 2-, 3-, and 4-handed games, it ONLY lets me select a min. of 2-, 3-, or 4- handed HHs...this makes impossible what I want to use this menu for (and i think one of the most important things!) >> I want my HUD to completely disregard any HHs with fewer than 5 players, even when the game gets down to heads-up or whatever. I have millions and millions of HHs in my DB (nearly 100% 5+ players b/c those are the most reliable stats IMO), and so I don't want any HHs w/ 4 or fewer players clouding up my HUD. But as it currently stands, HEM's HUD won't let me tell it to ignore HHs with 4 or fewer players. You could easily fix this by simply fixing the drop-down menus for all of the "Min" values in the Add'l HUD Filter window so that the user can select ANY minimum, which it currently doesn't allow.

And here are a few other misc Q's / bugs I've encountered as I get to know HEM better:

- Moving independent panels still doesn't work as I posted about yesterday here: http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=7513#post7513
Just wanted to be sure u saw that post.

- This is just one kinda weird thing I noticed > it doesn't seem like the HUD will accept a font size of Verdana 10 for any individual stats to display. When I select 10, it simply defaults back to 9. Obv this isn't that big a deal, but still kinda weird, no? I like noticing strange stuff like this.

- p.s. what does the use old style popups checkbox do? it doesn't say in ur FAQ

morny
08-31-2008, 03:43 PM
This is a pretty important issue I just discovered. In the HUD Options...Add'l Hud Filters window, it does not let me tell it that i ONLY want it to use HHs with 5 or more players even for HU or really shorthanded games. I was pretty surprised to find that when i go to the drop-down menu for 2-, 3-, and 4-handed games, it ONLY lets me select a min. of 2-, 3-, or 4- handed HHs...this makes impossible what I want to use this menu for (and i think one of the most important things!) >> I want my HUD to completely disregard any HHs with fewer than 5 players, even when the game gets down to heads-up or whatever. I have millions and millions of HHs in my DB (nearly 100% 5+ players b/c those are the most reliable stats IMO), and so I don't want any HHs w/ 4 or fewer players clouding up my HUD. But as it currently stands, HEM's HUD won't let me tell it to ignore HHs with 4 or fewer players. You could easily fix this by simply fixing the drop-down menus for all of the "Min" values in the Add'l HUD Filter window so that the user can select ANY minimum, which it currently doesn't allow.

I'll check with Roy if this can be changed although you do realise that most people will play completely different when they are heads up or 3 handed than they would when playing 5-9 handed so the stats wouldnt be very accurate in that situation.

- Moving independent panels still doesn't work as I posted about yesterday here: http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthre...=7513#post7513
Just wanted to be sure u saw that post.

Mikes working on the stats panel problem, i have the same problem too but ill try and get an update

This is just one kinda weird thing I noticed > it doesn't seem like the HUD will accept a font size of Verdana 10 for any individual stats to display. When I select 10, it simply defaults back to 9. Obv this isn't that big a deal, but still kinda weird, no? I like noticing strange stuff like this.

Fixed in http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.02.exe

p.s. what does the use old style popups checkbox do? it doesn't say in ur FAQ

It just displays the old style poups we used to have before we could configure our own poups. Newer ones are nicer/better IMO

domino66
08-31-2008, 05:26 PM
I'll check with Roy if this can be changed although you do realise that most people will play completely different when they are heads up or 3 handed than they would when playing 5-9 handed so the stats wouldnt be very accurate in that situation.

>> Yes, I realize this -- I've been around this game a long time myself ;) There's a good reason why I have my stats set up this way.

Fixed in http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.02.exe

>> Hmm...i have 1.06.02 and still have this problem...