PDA

View Full Version : HUD on unsupported network

groomi
12-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi,

I play cash games on an unsupported network and via the use of a >Pokerstars format hand converter I am able to import my cashgame hands which show up within HEM as "Pokerstars" hands.

Now, the one problem that I can forsee is that the site in question does not include a table name or number within the histories. Is there a method or API which can be used within HoldEm Manager to allow me to scrape my tables to fetch player screennames and positions in order to generate a HUD from within HEM?

Are users given any kind of developer framework for such tools or will I have to put forward a specific request to the devs for inclusion of a method for this site (which has already been requested and rejected in the past due to the problems with retrieving hand history files).

Thanks alot
Stephen

spsb
12-29-2011, 05:57 AM

groomi
12-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Yes it seems asthough we may very well be talking of the same network. I am a VERY out of practise amateur coder and I have spent some time in the past working with the language python (which is what the convertor was written in) and it shouldn't take me too long to get used to it again.

I like your suggestion about your pseudo-HUD but frankly lol@single tabling. I currently play between 8 and 12 so doing as you mentioned would be very difficult and time consuming.

Your second suggestion however is more like something which I would entertain the idea of but rather than manually enter, fetch the screen names by physically reading the screen. I am aware that this technology exists (ala tableninja) and potentially that functionality even exists within hold'em manager but sadly I do not yet know how scraped names would be inputted into HEM to retrieve a HUD layout.

I am happy to discuss network and site-specific problems via skype because as yet I am unable to determine from their T&Cs whether this type of thing is permitted and if the technology or a method becomes available it would have to be cleared with the site themselves before being made public.

PM me if you wish to get my Skype/Facebook/MSN details

Cheers
Stephen

netsrak
12-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Which site are you talking about?
We may have already some experience with it.

groomi
12-29-2011, 07:15 AM
dereet for SPSB

spsb
12-29-2011, 07:21 AM

spsb
12-29-2011, 07:33 AM