PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Hands

RobLP
08-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Hello,

Every time my HEM imports, it says all new hands imported are duplicate hands. It will say "3 Hands Imported" and "3 Duplicate Hands". This happens every import. Also, my reports are not showing any of the hands I have played today in them. Any idea why?

Rob

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 01:02 AM
You have possibly set your HMArchive to be the same as the hand history folder where they first get written. This creates an endless loop. We suggest you set an archive that is easy to remember, like C:\HMArchive.

Either that, or you got some stuck hand histories.

Close your poker client, then run the HM auto import, then close HM. Go to your poker client HH folder, and 'Cut' any files from there, and paste them into your (properly configured) HMArchive.

For the other issue:

Make sure all filters are cleared.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

Let me know if that helps.

RobLP
08-31-2009, 01:19 AM
Hi Fozzy,

Thanks for your response. It seems like the first problems is probably the Archive, but I can't find where to change that. Where is that? I doubt it is stuck hand histories, because I have been mining all day and every import has the exact same number of imported hands as duplicate hands.

As for the second problem, no filters are on, and I have beta 29 downloaded. I tried to run reports for other players that played on August 30th, but no one is coming up. Any other ideas for this?

Thanks for your help.

Rob

RobLP
08-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Could it be because I am using FT Hand Grabber?

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Fozzy,

Thanks for your response. It seems like the first problems is probably the Archive, but I can't find where to change that. Where is that?

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

I doubt it is stuck hand histories, because I have been mining all day and every import has the exact same number of imported hands as duplicate hands.

This is an important fact you failed to mention.

I assume you know this, but:

Datamining is not allowed at Full Tilt, and you run the risk of having your account seized. I also can not help you with any support regarding that.

I am going to suggest you remove that folder from the HM Auto Import Folder list, for a couple of reasons. That way I can help you get HM working properly w/o any 3rd party app that may be interfering. Once it is working fine, you can try and trouble shoot whether or not adding that folder back in is the cause of your current problems.

As for the second problem, no filters are on, and I have beta 29 downloaded. I tried to run reports for other players that played on August 30th, but no one is coming up. Any other ideas for this?

*Please make sure your Windows Auto Update is fully updated.
*Make sure you have Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.
*Try creating a new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

Could it be because I am using FT Hand Grabber?

Yes, it sure could. Please do as I suggested and remove it from the equation for now, so we can reduce the number of possible causes.

Please attach your current config file, and also attach your config file after you fix your HMArchive and remove the hand grabber import folder.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

RobLP
08-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi Fozzy,

Thanks for all your help. To answer your suggestions:

-My Archive has been in C:\HMArchive

-I shut down the FT Hand grabber, although it does not create a separate file. It just puts the files in my FT hand history files

-All windows updates are up to date, and .Net was already installed

-I tried the new database, and the hands from the last two days still arent appearing in the reports. I also just tried playing a few hands, and it still says every hand imported is a duplicate hand

-I have attached the Config file. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks again.

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 09:51 PM
.....I also just tried playing a few hands, and it still says every hand imported is a duplicate hand

:confused:

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.