PDA

View Full Version : I imported a HUD and HUD quit/won't restart

jk123
08-30-2009, 01:49 PM
I imported a HUD setting from my other computer and probably didn't close down the table manager like it instructed. Does this mean the HUD is overwritten/corrupted now? How do I get my HUD up again?

After minimizing the table manager, it just disappears.. and I haven't found a way to get open it again. Where do I find it after I close it?

fozzy71
08-30-2009, 05:37 PM
The table manager goes down tot he system tray as a spade icon.

I am not sure what you mean about the HUD. Please be more specific. Did you import someones unique XML file to the HUD Options > Player Preferences? Or did you copy their prefs.xml and other files and paste them manually into your \config folder? What do you see when you go to HUD Options > Player Preferences > Choose Configuration? What version of HM?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

If you are still having problems please attach your prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder. If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called prefs. To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

jk123
08-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Thank you for your help. I may not need to address this problem after all since it turns out I need to return my new laptop to the manufacturer because of a screen defect.

This presents another problem, however, since I have exhausted my available PC's I have a license for. Do I need a new key to run HM on a third computer? I obviously won't need it on my returned computer.

This is what happened, just in case this is a bug: I exported my HUD to an xml file, sent it to my email, and imported it on my new computer under HUD option > player preferences. This was right after I installed HM 1.08.04 from HM's download area. It actually worked for a short time before it crashed.

fozzy71
08-30-2009, 06:55 PM
A hud xml file shouldnt cause that kind of issue (typically).

First off, you should make sure update to the latest 1.09 beta 29 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

I recommend you copy/paste your \rvg software\holdem manager\confgi folder before you ever import any new huds. then if anything happens you have a copy of a working \config folder you can paste back in.

You can also simply delete your \config\prefs.xml file and HM will rebuild the HUD to default settings. The pospref.txt and pospref2.txt do the same thing for all the HUD positions.

For the licensing questions;

*You can use the same code for 2 PC's, just choose the PC#2 slot when registering.
*Please try using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/
*If you have any problems with either of the above, please email your details to sales@holdemmanager.net.