PDA

View Full Version : Constant HUD crashing/missing configs

Matjo
08-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi,

I wanted to create a new layout to use for tournaments so I exported my cg HUD to the desktop. After I had done that I chose to create a new HUD and that is when all the problems appeared.
I got an exception which gave me a choice of continuing or canceling. I had the table manager running and was importing hands at the moment. After that the tablemanager crashed and I could not restart it with HUD Options/relaunch HUD. I shut down the program and when I restarted it and opened the player options I could not see any of the four HUDs that I have created. There is just a blank and if I try to create a new, import an old I get the same error.
I was running 1.09.23 and upgraded to 1.09.29, restarted the computer but I am still experiencing the same problem.

I am running Windows XP home, SP3

/Mattias

Matjo
08-30-2009, 02:17 PM
I had some old configs saved, so I copied back the following files to the config directory:

pospref2.txt
pospref.txt
prefs.xml

and I was able to restore my old hud from the exported one and create a new tournament layout.

I have the files that seem to cause the crash saved in case you are interested in them.

/Mattias

fozzy71
08-30-2009, 07:43 PM
The prefs.xml file can become corrupt sometimes. I recommend you export any custom hud configs you create from HUD Options > Player Preferences > Export. This will create an xml file of the individual hud config, instead of the main prefs.xml file. Making copies of the prefs.xml before you do anything major is also a good idea, as you found out.

If the prefs.xml file ever becomes corrupt you can either paste in an old one, or simply delete the current file and HM will recreate a new one when u relaunch HM. Then you can import the individual XML HUD files to get back to where you were.

Matjo
08-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Oki thanks.